7.15.2007

Flaming Gorge

One of Joe's most memorable family vacations was a trip to Flaming Gorge when he was a boy. Every summer he tells me how jealous he is of his brothers and dad being able to be on the boat skiing and fishing. So, this summer he was determined to work out a time to go have some fun on the water. We left last Friday and drove through the night to Utah. We spent Saturday and Sunday catching up on sleep and catching up with the family. On Monday, we woke up bright and early to get things ready for Flaming Gorge...who knew that would take 6 hours. After a long morning of shopping for food, packing the boats, and preparing for the lake 6 adults, 5 kids and 2 boats set out for a fun few days in the sun. We set up camp and a great little boat in only camp site where half of us slept in tents and the others in the boats. Being there Monday through Thursday the week after the 4th of July was the best decision. It was like we had the whole lake to ourselves. Perfectly, glassy water was what we woke up to every morning and maybe saw 2 or 3 boats the rest of the day. We had great food, great weather and fabulous water for all kinds of playing.
JOE ACTUALLY MADE IT OUT OF BOTH THESE TURNS...WHAT A STUD! Joe skied until his arms were rubber, I combo skied for the 2nd time in my life, Gabs and I rode in the tube., and Gwen feel asleep many times in the boat while the wind whipped through her hair...oh wait, I mean...while the wind blew in her face! Joe's brother and niece wake boarded and we all stopped for a little cliff jumping and fishing in the evenings. The highlight of Gabriella's trip was the water fight where she filled her super soaker and soaked uncle Sam, Uncle Jared and Grandma really good!
All of us had such a great time, that we are already trying to coordinate another trip. Here are a few pictures of us all in action, a little embarrassing for me, but hey when it's only your second time, you can't be perfect right?
I LOOK LIKE A DORK, BUT AT LEAST I MADE IT OUTSIDE THE WAKE! SAM JUMPING ON HIS NEW BOARD!GIOVANNA TRYING THE WAKE BOARD FOR THE FIRST TIME AND ACTUALLY DOING IT! SHE'S SO CUTE!
Friday we were able to see our nephew Kenneth get baptized. It's hard to believe that Ken was only 18 months old when I first met him, he wouldn't even talk, now he's baptized. We were so happy we could be there! It was a great day! Here we are... a family picture, that never happens, and a cute one of the girls. One day they'll both be looking at the camera, I promise!

Finally, to wrap up a perfect week, we said goodbye to Joe's family and drove to Bear Lake to spend the afternoon with the Kawa's, friends from medical school. We had such a great visit and again, drove through the night and returned safely home this morning at 7:45 am! Thanks family and friends for such a great week of vacation, I am dreading laundry, grocery shopping and the well child appointment I face tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Great pictures and lots of fun memories! Give the girls a kiss for me! Love you all! Jennifer

nicole said...

It looks like you had such an amazing week! What fun. I can't wait to hear more about it when we get back to Arizona from our trip. Love you all and we'll talk to you soon.

Shanen said...

Glad you made it home safely, what a fun trip to have momories of. Hope your week is good and I will call soon.

Jillyboo said...

look at what a stud you are out there in the skis! And your kids look so cute in their little matching Gymboree dresses, I loved that line. I love looking at all your family's updates and photos.