9.26.2007

My Babies


Next week my little Gwyneth will be 1. Oh, my word, she'll be 1! If you know me, you know that almost sends me into hysteria. How can my babies be almost 3 and almost 1? I can't believe I am a mother of two happy, healthy, wonderful girls! I have been "mama" to these little miracles for 999 days. I think I still fall into the rookie category of parenting, but I've learned a little bit along the way...okay a ton. But here's the biggest lesson I've learned: Never say never!
I never thought I'd not care when I got spit up on.

I never thought I'd leave the house without combing my kids hair.

I never thought I'd go more than two days in between their baths.

I never thought I'd let my kids wear their jammies all day.

I never thought I'd say "stop kissing your sister".

I never thought I'd let my kids eat in the car...HA.

I never thought I'd give treats for going potty.

I never thought I'd let my babies crawl around in just their diaper.

I never thought I'd make minestrone, stew or vegetable soup and make my children eat it, but

I never thought I'd make pancakes and call it dinner either.

I never thought I'd be that mom with the really messy car and crackers all over the floor.

I never thought I'd leave a restaurant without cleaning the gigantic mess under the table.

I never thought I'd tell me children to go eat their dessert so I could have a moment of peace.
But then again,

I never thought I'd love the early morning hours when I get one on one time with one of my girls.

I never thought I'd cry when my children cried.

I never thought I'd brag about my children endlessly and say they were the cutest thing in the whole wide world.

I never thought I'd give so many kisses to perfectly chunky cheeks.

I never thought I'd feel such happiness when I hear my children laughing.

I never thought I'd feel lonely when they aren't with me.

I never thought I'd hold my sleeping children in my arms after they've gone to bed just because I could.

I never thought I'd beam with such pride when my children learn something knew.

I never thought I'd be secretly depressed each year on their birthdays because they turned another year.

I never thought I'd love any two things as much as I love both of them.
Yes, one things for sure, never say never.


10 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe she'll be one! I love the list... ditto for everything. Being a mom is the best.

The Seaquist Family said...

I love it! I totally agree...I have to add that I think the thing I thought I would never do was cry when my boys started all day school...I cried and cried.

nicole said...

Jamie the list is adorable. I can relate to most of those. Can you believe Gwyneth is almost one? It feels like time just flies. Continue to enjoy every minute! Love you.

Bryn said...

Let's just celebrate her brithday a few days late so Dax and I can be there...she won't ever know! :) That way she won't be "one" and you won't be sad for a few days longer! :) I love the list!

Becca said...

isn't it amazing all the things we never thought we would do!!!

Perfectly said!

regibells said...

I just love this post! It gave me chills probably because I can relate as a mother of two boys the same age as your girls.

Shanen said...

That list makes me laugh because so many of those things are "staples" in our home. I love the days we don't get out of our jammies, We often have breakfast for dinner (Josh is never home for breakfast, so it is fun to have it at night), and sometimes, ok lots of times, you have to give the kids crackers in the car just to get them quiet.

Sara said...

Love the girls' dresses and the beautiful scene at the beach. Your list is truly priceless!

mom said...

I love the list! Everything on it is so true. Your blog is so fun read, so thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

My favorite thing on your list is holding your badies after they have fallen asleep. I am so guilty of that. It allows me to hold on to Kate's babyness just a little bit longer. Plus she is so dang cute when she is asleep too!