10.16.2007

Confessions

Ahhh, nap time. The coveted nap time. I have a confession to make. I love it when the time comes in my day for the girls to take a nap at the same time. It's at least 90 minutes of uninterrupted quiet...that is if you don't count the sound of me chewing, because that is usually what I am doing when the girls are asleep, pigging out! There are few things happier to me than enjoying whatever food I want, eating it wherever I want, without little hands and feet crawling and climbing up me to get to it too. So, there it is, a true confession, I love nap time. And while I'm on the subject, I'm just going to confess a few more things and throw it all out there. Please still be my friends after reading this.
I eat frosting from the can. I think it's something I started in college, just because I could, but I really haven't kicked the habit and I still sometimes crave frosting right out of the can.
I am super duper self-conscious about my toes. I'm pretty sure they are the ugliest in the whole world. Even growing up in California I avoided open toed sandals at all cost. I'm just lucky I found a man who loves me despite my long toes, because I really enjoy a cute pair of wedges and strappy open toed heels.
I have a fear of bridges. Why do I fear that Joe, or anyone else driving will suddenly become incapable of driving in a straight line and drive us right off that bridge? I stare as hard as I can straight forward just because I think it helps the driver while they are enjoying the view. I don't fear water or heights, just bridges.
I generally keep a pretty tidy house. Things are usually in there place and orderly around here. My stove top burners on the other hand are a disgrace. Things boil over, stain the burner and I hate cleaning them so I leave them. I prefer to pay $15 to replace them every so often than just clean them after the mess.
I look forward whole-heartily to the day when my children are old enough to unload groceries from the car and place them nicely and neatly in the refrigerator and pantry. And fold the brown bags too!
I failed (unfairly I might add) my driving test 3, yes, 3 times. I didn't get my license until I was almost 18 and still hardly drove because I was so paranoid. I finally faced my fears when I went back to school in St. Louis and no one would drive the 30 minute commute for me.
My biggest pet peeve is people with no manners or no common courtesy. I expect people to say hello, identify themselves and ask "how are you?" before they ask to talk to someone. I expect to hear "bless you" after I sneeze, and "excuse me" after you've, well you know what I mean. It's high expectations I know, but we didn't get away with anything less growing up and neither will my family.
I have a sick, sick addiction towards coats. I own quite a few , more than I need or even wear, but I still feel this desperate need to go purchase many, many more coats. Joe seriously believes I need to seek help on this one.
I'm have a little OCD. My clothes hang according to color in my closet and they all have to face the same way on the hanger. Joe's side of the closet practically makes me mad when I see his dress shirts facing one another.
I watch What Not To Wear as frequently as possible. It is my guilty pleasure show and I take it very seriously!
I can't carry a tune to save my life. I know absolutely nothing about music, and that's kinda okay with me. I'm sick, aren't I?
I love to cook dinner. I take pride in having a hot cooked meal ready for Joe when he comes home. You might be rolling your eyes, but seriously I do! I think I'm a pretty good cook. I hate, no, I loathe baking. I stink at it, except cheesecake. I can do cheesecake. But any other baking I avoid at all costs, I just don't have the skills.
I love the smell of Play Doh. I secretly want Gabs to play with it so I can too. It just smells good to me.
Oh, I didn't realize I had so many secrets to confess. That kinda felt good. But now my once napping girls are crying and I've got to destroy the frosting evidence before they emerge from their room.

12 comments:

Bryn said...

I'm seriously crying over here I am laughing so hard! So many of those things ring true for me too. The singing, a disgrace! The baking, I suck! The ugly toes, well we're twins...enough said! I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest though. I think you may have a little obsession with shoes too! :) I'm always around for you when Joe makes you clean out your closet! I'm such a nice sister! :)

Cathy said...

I had to laugh so hard at the bridge thing. I do that when we're driving in stressful conditions (snow storms, ice on the roads, major traffic). As if my stare helps my hubby drive better! I also hang onto any handle in sight until my knuckles are white.
I'd rather bake than cook dinner. Hmm, maybe we can figure out some kind of swap... :)

regibells said...

Thanks for your "confessions" I thought I was the only one who bought frosting just to eat it out of the container...and I have always been self conscious about my toes too. So funny! Your so cute, I can't even think of why we didn't hang out. I guess I wasn't very social in Seminary and on the days when I actually did go, I was half asleep Haha...I kind of laugh thinking about those days and our seminary class. I was so not a morning person... but kids have changed that!

Patriot said...

Your profile picture is so adorable! They look so cute!

I just wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting at my site for some great American made products. Please stop by and enter!

Thank you!

Lisa said...

So fun, Jamie. I actually knew most of those things about you... my favorite being the coat obsession... but Play doh? Can't stand it. I confess I love nap time too. LOVE IT!!!! Just let me have a little me time!

Jennifer said...

Jamie,
I want to be your friend even more after reading your confersions. Here is mine...I have no since of humor so I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hanging out with people like you and Mary who can make me laugh. Cream cheese frosting is the very best I think. I prefer eating semi-sweet chocolate chips out of the bag but I definitly know how to enjoy frosting. I love the bit about the coats. Good thing you live somewhere chilly to wear them all.

Becca said...

well that must have felt good to get off your chest!!! he he he!!

after reading that we I am now convinced I am your triplet!!! I fear bridges too! Even freeway over passes make my heart stop. I always picture the worst ...I don't even want to talk about it! I also have fingers for toes! yes I can pick up things with my feet! Dinner... love to cook it too!

Shanen said...

That was good Jamie, some things I wasn't quite aware of. You are too cute and your post just make me smile. Don't forget to get the graham crackers out with the frosting, that's how we like it over here. Hey did you check out the "patriot" person? They left a message for me to, but I was afraid to open their page. I've had a computer virus before and I didn't want to do that again. Let me know. Love you

Anonymous said...

Love your confession list.
Just so you know, you come by the frosting thing for a reason??!!
See ya Friday. Can't wait.

xoxoxoox

nicole said...

Your list was wonderful! I loved reading all of it and wasn't even aware of some. But, I can relate to those precious hours or minutes when both kids are napping. I look forward to lunchtime each day because I know once the kids are done eating, it's off to bed for both of them. I love reading the posts...keep them coming. Love you!

Fisher Family said...

Jamie, I was at the commissary today and bought some frosting. I hope the power doesn't go out because you know what I'll be doing. : )

Morph This said...

I knew there was a reason that we were such good friends back then.. and this proves many reasons.. the frosting for one, i love what not to wear, probably have a dirtier stove then yours, and I can almost be that my coat collecting will match yours. The only problem? California weather rarely hits the 60's let alone anything colder then that.. I'm normally wearing them in the Summer, just so I can wear them.