
When my friend brought me over bags of hot chocolate and an "Autumn Tunes" CD that she had made to cheer me up, I realized I had been sounding a little dramatic about the weather situation. I am absolutely not looking forward to winter, but maybe I need a new attitude.With Joe maybe coming home only a few nights a week for the rest of the year, I better get myself feeling a bit happier. I've decided to embrace the seasons changing and make a New "Winter" resolution. My resolution for the winter is, Go and Do. Last year Gwen was itty bitty and sleeping all the time. I would see the sun starting to shine at some point during her nap, decide we would finally get to play outside, and by the time she woke up it was already pouring down rain again. This year, there will be none of that. If it's nice out, right then and there I'm stopping what we are doing and we are going outside.
I have been faithful to my resolution for 3 days now. Monday we went to the pumpkin patch and played at the petting zoo. Gabs loved the kitty's sleeping on haystacks. While there, I thought about picking apples. Why, in the state of Washington had I never been to an apple orchard? I remember seeing an orchard in a neighboring town, so today we were off again.
The orchard was tiny, but there were lots of trees. Those trees however, were completely bare! Oh no. I was so disappointed. We walked around anyway because we had been in the car for so long, and for goodness sake, it wasn't raining.
I'm glad we got out, because even without trees full of apples we had a ball. We found a cute picnic bench right under a tree, a few left over apples on the ground, and many dandelions to make wishes from. The girls loved it. Gwen took impressively big bits of her apple while Gabriella made wish after wish.
I love how easy kids are entertained. It wasn't anything elaborate. Simply trees, apples and flowers for a great afternoon. So, I'm welcoming the hot chocolate, soups and breads. I'm going to beat these winter blues. I'm going to show my girls a good time. And I'm going to love every minute of it. 


6 comments:
Holy Cow, Winter already, and sweaters?? How completely opposite worlds we are in. We are barely getting into the 90's here, the nights have finally dropped to the 70's and I can almost, yes almost walk outside without breaking into a sweat. I love your new resolution, I should try that as a summer resolution, but I don't think there are that many indoor air conditioned places to vist. I love you
Hooray for sweater weather!!! Now I just need to find some to fit around this belly and we'll be all good for our trip! Can't wait! Love those girls by the way!
Great attitude!!! It's so important to take charge of our days and set the tone!!! Only we can do that! Even if the kids are crazy we can do our best to make the best of it!!!
I know how you feel about depressing Weather and making the best of it. Only my problem is missing the Chicago weather. Being back here in CA and never seeing the seasons change makes me depressed. I really miss Fall and Winter.
I cant wait to see all of your cute snow pictures.. I will be envious though!!
And your girls are so beautiful!!!! I love Gab's bright pink sweater.
Jamie - I love your new resolve. I am just too lazy and content in my house sometimes and miss out on all those fun outings. Wish I were there so could do it together!!!!!
The orchard, although without too many apples, looks like a fun place to visit. Your girls look like they were having a great time. I like your new Winter Resolution. I think we might all have to adopt that this winter...Thanks for getting us all started!
Post a Comment