11.07.2007

I Gabriella


This is little Gabriella at 18 months old. She learned to say her name this day, well, she learned to say "Gab-e-lala". That's a big name for a little girl to learn. Before she was born we figured we'd call her "Gabby" for short. It never really suited her. We tried it out for a few weeks, but it really wasn't sounding right on our little girl. We call her Gabs and Ella-belle, but mostly it's Gabriella.

Gabriella knows it's "Gabriella" too. Someone called her Gabby one day at the park and she said: "No, I Gabriella". She has corrected me on several occasions. I told her once at dinner, "You're an eating machine." She said, "No, I Gabriella." I told her one morning in the tub when she was lying down getting her hair wet, "You are the little mermaid." "No, I Gabriella." When she got out of bed the other morning without waking up Gwen, I said, "Thanks for being such a quite little church mouse." "I not a mouse, I Gabriella." When I call her "love" or "Sweet pea" she says, "No, I Gabriella"

The list really does go on and on. Almost everyday she informs me of her name once again. She probably thinks I'm one dumb mom forgetting her name all the time. Today she said to me, "Hola Mommy." I said, "Hola Gabriella." To my surprise she said, "No, I Dora." I guess for today there's something better than being my little Gabriella. Don't you just love how literal kids are?

7 comments:

Shanen said...

I love that smile, I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. We are getting grass on Saturday, so you will have to come over and play. Love you

Lisa said...

Cute Jamie. Megan does the same thing. I love it!

Unknown said...

Too sweet! I love that they know who they are and who can call them by what name!

Bryn said...

She looks so cute in that picture! I always wonder what Dax would look like as a girl and how long his hair is because it grows so fast. He is so excited to have her come and play at his house in a few weeks! I wonder what she'll say when he calls her "La-la-la" :)

nicole said...

What a cute girl. She's so happy! I love that. We can't wait for you to come play in a few weeks! Love you

Shannon Crandall said...

Hey its me and I have a blog now! It is really sad at the moment as far as posts go but I will get there but I just wanted to say hi and your girls are beautiful!!!!!! How are you?

Jennifer said...

I think this is my favorite thing you've written about since I started reading your blog. So perfectly written and the picture of Gabriella is so cute. I called her Gabby in Nursery once when Dave and I first started and she corrected me too. So Smart that one!