11.19.2007

There's Something Wrong Here



I thank you all again for suggestions of things the girls and I can do to keep those sometimes long days a little more enjoyable! Gabs and I have had our first date night, where we ate popcorn, drank fruit punch and watched a late night movie when she should have been in bed. She invited a friend over for a play date. We've had early morning walks with friends. We've worked on birthday and Christmas projects. And we enjoyed a weekend with Joe, free of working, but of course, not free of some serious football watching! We had a great time being with friends and being together.

I must say, for probably being a little on the bored side and being a little home bound, the girls have been behaving so well. They have been a delight in fact. Which has made the last month a little more bearable! So with all your great suggestions and ideas, I did what any good mother would do (sarcasm intended) -I decided that we needed to treat ourselves to some guilty pleasures. I went on the hunt for a new skirt-I failed miserably by the way- and took the girls to Big Lots for a new toy. I know, I know, I've seen the Oprah's where mothers spoil their children because they are trying to make up for being away, or not being emotionally available for their children. But, in all honesty, I just wanted to reward them for being good kids! That's not too bad right? So, if you have a Big Lots near you, and you don't frequent it very often, you should! There are some serious treasures to be discovered there. I love a bargain, and Big Lots is over flowing with them.

Well, the toys there are great, so down each and every aisle we went! Gabriella decided on a princess cash register. She was very excited to come home and play "store" with it. Now, I know I said I was going to try and share more non-embarrassing influences I have over my girls, but I'm struggling to see those influences at the moment. So embarrassing it is. Well, Gabs had me be the store clerk and she was buying all sorts of things. Cell phones, sun glasses, Little People, what ever she could find to fit in her purse. The Cash register came with a credit card, coins, and a dollar. She wanted to use the credit card, so I taught her that I say "will that be Credit or Debit" and she would answer "Debit please". Then she would proceed to put in her pin number of 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3. I tried to take cash from her, but she insisted that I put the cash in the register and GIVE it to her. The poor girl thinks that when you buy something you pay with debit and get paid too. I obviously take "Cash Back" a little too often. Joe and I had a good laugh about it, but still can't convince her that she should pay with the money. Apparently she sees me receiving cash, but never spending it. Why is it then that I never have any money? There's definitely something wrong here!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute Jamie. I just love to play pretend with my kids. It's so cute to see the things they pick up from us!

Becca said...

glad to see you keeping busy!!!! I love the cash back story!!!!

Unknown said...

Jamie your pictures of your girls are so beautiful I love seeing them!

The Seaquist Family said...

Seriously laughing about the cash back story. How are these little people so perceptive, yet they still can't remember to wash their hands or brush their teeth.

Joy said...

So funny. My kids think I can by anything for them with the "card" When I say, "I don't have enough money for that toy today" they reply..."just use the card mommy!" It actually is kind of scary.

The Rylanders said...

What a cute story! Kids just pick up the silliest things!

Bryn said...

I love how much Gabriella pretends. She definetly knows which way you should be "playing" when she makes the game up!

nicole said...

What a cute story. I can't begin to comprehend all the things kids pick up on. Dylan heard dad say "hey dude" once to Isaac, and that's all she says to him now.