12.18.2007

How often do you get asked....


For treats? Over here it starts at about 7:45 am., and I probably get asked upwards near 150 times a day. But really, how can you say no when everyone is bringing over such yummy treats. And really, who can say no, when this is the face of thanks you get. It's impossible!

It is starting to get out of hand though. So here I document a New Year's Resolution, so you all can hold me to it. It's one I make every year, and fail to keep past Super Bowl Sunday. No more treats after 8:00 pm..I would love to say 7:00, but that hasn't worked in the past, so 8:00 it is. Pathetic, I know! I have no will power! You all know I love a good snacky treat after the girls go to bed, and with Joe being gone, I've found plenty of chocolatey, fatty friends to keep me company.

But for now, I plan to enjoy the holiday season and keep my friends around 13 more days. Here's my very best friend...many of you have asked for this little guy, so enjoy!


Peanut Butter Balls

***I have removed this recipe to preserve its secretiveness. If you are interested in getting it, you'll have to ask me personally. It's the family rules. Sorry***

Take good care of my friend and share with the little ones, you know they love treats too!

10 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

You are hilarious. I love how you have made so many new friends, but how come you aren't wearing your friends? Because I know I am. I am for sure going to have to get rid of some come the first of the year. Oh...treats. The constant battle. I think my children think that treats are a food group. You are not alone.

Lisa said...

Thank you Jamie. I LOVE those yummy treats. Can't wait to try those. Maybe after the New Year I will put down the treats and try to lose many many pounds... but not yet!

Unknown said...

Hooray thanks Jamie! I am going to have a love hate relationship with this recipe I'm sure!

nicole said...

These were the only treats I made this year...and I took them to a cookie exchange to get them out of the house! I love them. You can't start your resolution on New Year's Day, that never works. There's always remnants of the goodies. A week after is always best. By that time all the sweets should be out of the house. Love you.

Anonymous said...

OK, the Peanut Butter Balls are no longer a family secret!! They deserved to be published!! Also, your treat habit was never a secret for those of us who know you best!!

Fisher Family said...

Yum! Can't wait to try these. I have also been having some late night friendships with my favorite as of late..Fudge. A recipe so easy and delicious..I'll post on my site soon. I hear ya sistah, w/ Darryl not around it's so easy to give in to those treats esp. this time of year!

Bryn said...

But you wait for them to defrost to take a bite. I pop those tasty treats right from the freezer even if it means a broken tooth...totally worth it! Dax has been eating chocolate covered pretzels for snack all week long! Wish we could share some with you! Love ya!

Jamie C. said...

Mom, I thought I better run this idea past you, and I went against my better judgement. I knew better!
DISCLAIMER:
This is a secret family recipe, so keep it a secret among only your family!
-There, that should do it! :)

MyR said...

The best way to kick your late night treat habits...competition! I used to do it ALL THE TIME until I started a competition with Angie. It wasn't easy but I did really well until she called off the competition. I know you have some competitiveness in you! :)

And I'm excited to meet your friends! YEAH!!! mmmmmmm!

Shanen said...

Those balls are a little piece of heaven in our freezer also. I took mine to a cookie exchange just after Nicole did and I won the award for "most sinful" I guess that was good. I can hardly walk by the freezer without stopping.