
I am freaking out!
Tomorrow the girls and I are off to Arizona, where I will leave them with their Grandma and Grandpa for 6 days. Holy Cow! What am I doing? I am freaking out!
I've left the girls once before for a whirlwind, whopping 50 something hour girls weekend in Arizona. And, they were here with Joe. With their dad. In their own home. In their own beds. In their own rainy, gloomy environment. This time around, they'll be with my mom and dad. In a house they only visit once a year filled with glorious toys. In beds that are twice the size of theirs here at home. And they'll be in sunny, 74 degree weather. How will they ever survive?
I know I'm crazy for worrying, but how can a mother not? I don't even know what it is I'm so worried about. It's everything I guess. I'm worried they'll think I've left them. I'm worried they won't sleep well at night. I'm worried they'll get hurt. I'm worried they'll learn some new trick while I'm gone and I'll miss it. I'm worried they'll have the times of their lives with every single one of their cousins and never want to come home with me again. I'm worried that they won't even miss me for a second. I'm worried that I won't have any fun, because I'll be missing them so terribly.
I can hardly stand the thought of leaving. I have sat here all day fighting these emotions that have been right on the surface. I haven't even started packing. I am in complete denial. I can't even spend an afternoon away from these two rag-a-muffins without trying to rush things along so I can get home to them.
I know it's a normal thing to do...to leave your little ones to enjoy some alone time with your spouse. But the thought of it and anticipation of it is killing me. I feel so grateful that Joe and I have family willing to do this gigantic favor for us. I can't wait to meet up with Joe for a lovely vacation, but at the moment, I actually can wait. Right now, I'm only worried about my girls. I must be crazy!
But the tickets are bought and paid for, so we're going. It's official. And I am officially freaking out.
I'm going to miss you crazy girls ...please still love me when I return!

12 comments:
First of all, deap breathes Jamie...in and out. There:) Now of course your little girls are going to be fine with your parents and of coarse they are going to love you when you get back. The most important thing is that you go and have a good time! Because the girls are going to be having fun with grandma and gramdpa. (I tell myself the same thing every night I leave for school.I hate being away from my boys.) But you HAVE FUN!
I'm laughing because I've been there. We went to puerto Rico for our fifth anniversary and left our girls for 5 days. I wrote a will before we left, spoke to a sibling about being there parent if I died, and cried on the way to the airport. (okay, so I was pregnant and emotional, but still...)
Anyway, we had a great time, and we talked about them the whole time, but I needed that break and it was heavenly.
Have fun, enjoy your guy, call your kids at night, and take advantage of your week of freedom. It won't come around again soon enough!
PS... they won't remember, even if it doesn't go well. You may, but they won't!
This weekend my sisters and I did a lot of reminiscing of favorite grandma and grandpa memories... and we always went back to how much we LOVED getting to spend the night at their house (even though they lived close) and all the treats they would come up with for such an occasion. Don't keep the memories from your girls!! They need their grandparents just as much as they need you--give them freely knowing they will be better because of Grandma and Grandpa trips :)
Jamie you are all going to have a fantastic time. Just think about how excited they will be to see you when you return and what an even better, rejuvinated so happy to see them Mom you will be.
PS I really love the picture of Gabriella giving Gwen a smushy kiss!
Jamie..you're so cute. I'd be feeling the same way. Enjoy!!
I apsolutly LOVE the pictures at the top of the page. You really do take some fabulous pictures!
It is hard to leave kids. I totally understand. I always fret and Brian has to constantly remind me not to worry. But, they will be so great with their grandparents and all their cousins. Maybe because I grew up so closely with my grandparents and cousins and it was a thrill to get to see them. So, leaving my children with them makes me happy. But, just remember . . . our children always seem SOOOO happy when we return. And, because I know what a fabulous mother you are, they WILL be excited for your return and to tell you everything they have done and just happy to be in your presense once again. You can do this. It is always harder for Mom to leave her little kids than Dad too. But, it will be well worth it and I promise they will appreciate these times with Grandparents and Aunts and cousins more than you will ever realize. (And it will train them to want to leave their children with you someday when you are Grandma and want so desperatly for them to come spend the week with you!) Good luck packing! You really are such an example to me . . . what a good Mom you are!
Have a wonderful time! Reconnect with your sweetie and enjoy the "alone" time. Your girls will love being with grandpa and grandma and you will come home to stories of their fun adventures.
Guess what, you are here in AZ and the girls are already loving it. You will leave Friday morning and they will be just fine. We will have a great week and they will be so glad when you get back. You will have an additional few days here to see what they have been up to, and then you will go home. It will be a GREAT vacation for all.
Have a great trip Jamie... and try and get used to leaving the kids! I highly recommend it. It's wonderful!
oh man!!Good luck! I have my own worries... we fly out to HB just us girls for 10 days! Not looking forward to the airport part of it!
Post a Comment