11.14.2008

The Truth Comes Out


We have countless Ariel figurines.

There's the hairless Ariel Polly Pocket that came with different clothes that are now all torn in half. No one plays with her or her clothes, yet I'm not allowed to throw her away. Or her hair.

Then there's the Ariel we got at Disneyland. She is wearing her mermaid fin and came accompanied by King Tritan, Eric and the rest of her little under the sea companions.

Lastly, there's the Ariel cake topper figurine in her pink fancy dress that came with the rest of the Disney princesses from the Disney store.

At least daily, there is an argument and fight over this last Ariel. Everyone wants this fancy dressed Ariel. I never understood why. Her arms don't move, you can't change her clothes...

Then, I was playing with the girls and they both wanted to get me Ariel. Gwen got to the fancy pink dressed Ariel first. Gabriella broke down. I mean really broke down. She was overly dramatic, unreasonable, and inconsolable over having to play with the mermaid dressed Ariel.

Finally, through her cries she said, "I don't WANT to play with this Ariel. She shows her BELLY."

The truth finally comes out. It all makes perfect sense. And now, thinking of the countless, Gabriella break downs I witnessed, I smile a very proud smile.

Now, if only we could get Gwen on board the modesty train. She would rather throw a tantrum over putting her shirt on. She is very proud of her rolly polly belly. We certainly have a streaker on our hands.

And since everyone is throwing tantrums, I wish I too, could cry when I see certain young girls showing their bellies...sheesh.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

Now that is something to be happy about! I just love it. Way to go Gabs on already being a modest girl. I just laugh about Gwen because my boys LOVE not wearing clothes. Tanner would live with no clothes on if I would let him.

Anonymous said...

that's too cute! as they say modest is the hottest:)and i totallt know what you mean about putting clothes on. if i can't get preston dressed in 3.2 seconds it's OVER!

PS. if joe thinks you're getting big, he's crazy! i looked like you do now, when i was at 16 weeks! the kids get a get out-of-jail-free card though:) you gatta love their honesty!

Heather said...

Doesn't it make you want to buy 3 more with covered bellies?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish my girls were that way. They are very modest when we leave the house, but at home, they are all about the undies. And nothing else. I have a bunch of Mogley's (jungle book boy) walking around the house all day.

Bryn said...

Gabs looks so cute in those pictures! Dax loves running around in his undies and Wyatt is also sporting his diaper bum...I wonder if she would want to play with them!?!

Fisher Family said...

cute pictures of Gabs..ok Shay has an Ariel thing going on here too. Only we have one little figure w/ just the shells and they came off..not only did they come off but they tore..of all places church. anyway glad to hear that Gabs already knows about modesty:) We're still working on that here w/ our streakers