12.10.2008

Fancy Party


My little Gabriella turned four. I can't believe it. My plans of only having a birthday party every other year went out the window. Children love parties and talk about theirs (even if it's months off) constantly. So, we had a birthday party for Gabs this year. I was feeling unmotivated and not up for it. Then my cute twin Bryn came for a visit and we got planning. I LOVE that her little guy Dax was born the same exact day as Gabriella, only one year and literally a few minutes later.

Luckily she was more motivated and we were able to plan our parties together. We went with the good old standard birthday party fun. One night Gabs and Gwen were making me clap as they walked the cat walk (our long hallway) for a fashion show. That's when I decided we would add a "fancy" twist on it. Plus, she really wanted to wear her Cinderella dress. Pink, frilly, dress-up fun was the main idea.

We delivered invitations via pink helium balloons, rolled stickers and prizes in balloons for the girls to pop, played pin the Santa hat on Santa, had cake and ice cream, opened presents, had a fashion show with feather boas that obviously had real feathers on them because they got everywhere, had a pinata and played limbo. Gabriella picked all the games she wanted, and even suggested limbo, which was possibly the highlight of the night. She helped me stuff the balloons with stickers and very carefully put together each of her friends goodie bags of fake diamond rings, nail polish, lip gloss and sparkly finger nail files.

We are so grateful that we live in a neighborhood with such adorable girls for Gabs to celebrate with. She was so excited about all of it and so glad that all her friends were there. They all looked so cute dressed up and hair done up fancy.

I just can't believe how big Gabriella has gotten. Daily I am getting reminders of her maturity and big girlness. Her baby belly is gone and she looks long and lean to me. She is such a sweetheart and looks after her sister so well. She always wants to be the "mom" and help Gwen with whatever she needs. She listens well and wants so badly to please me and her daddy. She breaks down in tears if she knows she's done something wrong and is quick to say she is sorry. She wants to do what's right and never wants to hurt feelings. She always says the sweetest things about the baby in my tummy, and wants to name him Cosmo so bad. Joe is actually on board with that one.

I really love this girl. She makes me so happy, makes me laugh and makes me hope to be a better mom always. I hate that she's growing up, but each passing year I am more and more in love with who she is, what she's doing, and who she is becoming. She's my favorite Gabriella and I love her to pieces.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

That is the neatest thing EVER that Dax and Gabs are born on the same day! I never knew that I think that is more than amazing. Both of your parties looked like a big big hit. It is fun to see the small little twists between a boy and girl party. I am glad Gabs had a great day. She looked like one happy girl! Way to go you on pulling it off being pregnant. I keep making myself do one thing after another too. The constant chant is "I can do this, I can do this, I can do this" and it seems to be working. Even if I do get a little warn out in the process :)

Heather said...

So cute. Lucy had a blast. We heard a lot about the limbo and we've been picking up pink feathers ever since:)

Unknown said...

Sweet post Jamie! One question...where did Gabs ever come up with Cosmo?

Shannon Crandall said...

Super cute!!! Sydney turns 5 tomorrow and I am not doing much so good for you! I can't believe how time has passed it is wild! Anyway good work you are a great mom!!!

Shanen said...

That looks like a super great party and I bet they all had a blast. She is getting so big, and just as girlie as can be.

nicole said...

It looks like a great party. I'm sure all the girls loved it. One of these years I'll get on the ball and start having parties for my kids too. You certainly do inspire me.

Jennifer said...

Katie was counting the days until the party. She thinks that Gabriella is the best party thrower in town. First a PJ party and now a birthday party. I loved all the special touches, especially the cocktail glasses with umbrellas in them. And th goodie bags were to bomb. Kate has painted her nails every day and any other brave friend who happens to be at our house for some playing. Cosmo is cool. Very, very cool and Italian. I like the cound of that Cosmo Chiara. Very classic. I don't know...that Gabriella might be onto something! And those peanut butter balls are amazing. Need that recipe for sure. I think it should go in my recipe book under Jamie's indulgent bombshells!

Sarah said...

Very, very cute Jamie--as always. And what a sweet tribute to your little 4-year-old! You're a good mom.

Bryn said...

So cute! I love that Gabs had so many girlfrieds to invite that you could do all the girly things she wanted! They all looked so "fancy" in their party dresses with all the pink! That was a fun planning session!