
I was holding Gabs after her bath when Joe walked out of the bathroom holding a wet Gwen all wrapped up in her towel. The only thing I could see were her feet. And they looked so big.
It was one of those moments that came out of nowhere. Gwen has always been my little baby. But at that moment, it was like she grew up over night, and I was seeing it for the first time.
Suddenly, everything about her seems bigger. Her hair is no longer wispy. She runs with her arms by her side instead of flailing through the air. She uses her fork when she eats. Sometimes. She can put on her own shoes, even if they are always on the wrong feet. She's just gotten older and bigger in every way possible.
I sat the girls down side by side as soon as I saw those, what seemed like giant, feet of Gwen's and realized first, they had been in the tub far too long, but that they were almost the same size as Gabriella's.
It made me sad. She's growing up. She's getting bigger. And so is Gabriella. It made me long for tiny toes.
It's a good thing ten new tiny toes will be here soon, otherwise I would probably have cried. And once those tiny toes get here, I can only image how much bigger the girls will suddenly seem. Oh dear, I better get ready for that.
So for now, here's to the twenty, perfect toes we are enjoying while they are still looking tiny...at least somewhat tiny.

7 comments:
Ah man, this has got to be one of my all time favorite pictures you have taken. That is so adorably precious, I could cry looking at them! You need to put that up somewhere in your house. I can't wait for you to see those tiny toes that are coming your way. Make sure to take his little feet print as soon as you can...it's one of my favorite things to look at in Wyatt's room. We love you guys!!
Gwen will look like a giant when you see her the first time after the baby is born. :) And it is kind of sad. But oh, it gets better and better the older they get. Just as long as you have new tiny tones to replace the bigger toes. :)
I miss tiny toes too.....but maybe because I don't have another on the way Katie stills seems like such a little baby to me!!
I love those pruney toes!
It really does happen over night! all of sudden it hits you and it's sad yet exciting all at once!
Two of my favorite things in the world are baby bellies and baby toes! What a cute picture.
on the name front--William or Henry definately! Henry is my favorite. Jack is really cool, but I don't think it sounds good with Chiara. But you guys will probably come up with something totally different in a few weeks anyway :) My friend is naming her boy Wyler. ?!?!
Oh, it is so so true. I was not prepared for how much older Brayden was going to look when I brought Chase home. All the sudden his hands and feet are huge. It made me a little sad. What use to seem like a light little boy, now is a heavy big boy. What use to be my little "baby" is now an even bigger big boy. But, I still adore all 3 boys and every day I am grateful for this third little guy to have joined our family. it is funny how they just feel like they have always been a part of us. I love that you took the feet shot. That just reminded me that I really want a feet shot of all 3 of my boys. I will have to do that some day soon.
Post a Comment