8.18.2009

From the Mouths of Babes

Joe was sitting on the floor. The girls were excitedly running back and forth from the bathroom in their pajamas gathering all sorts of hair do-dads in preparation to play "salon" before bed time. They had ribbons and flower barrettes. Rubber bands and spray bottles. It brought back memories of the many times I had styled my dad's hair when I was little. He fell asleep every time.

As they started to brush Joe's hair, I was jealous. I LOVE having my hair brushed. I was wishing I was sitting on the floor getting my hair combed. But Joe was the lucky one. And, like my dad, he was relaxing as he was getting pampered. He loves having his back scratched, so taking advantage of the star treatment, he told the girls to brush his back, so it would be scratched. Which they did. They thought it was super funny that they were brushing his back with a hair brush. So he played into their laughter and told them to brush the hair on his arms.

Gabs laughed, but Gwen looked right at him and said, "That's not hair daddy," in a matter-of-fact tone to her voice. "That's fur."

Cracked us up.

6 comments:

Tasha said...

Love it! And I love that they do Joe's hair. I have many memories of doing my father's hair as a little girl as well. Dad's are so fun and good to us girls.

Jennifer said...

You married a furry man hugh...

Jennifer said...

Very funny! You got me to laugh out loud.

nicole said...

At least it was the hair on his arms and not his back! Silly girls. I love it.

Bryn said...

I wish I could hear her deep raspy voice say that. She is so funny. I still say to Wyatt, "Hi cutie cutie cutie" as deep as I can like Gwen because it was the cutest thing ever!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.