Last week Joe was out of town. Lucky guy. I tell ya what, I am not meant for single parenthood. I have a new found respect for women with deployed husbands or husbands that travel often for work. By week end, I was completely exhausted. But I think a newborn and wintery weather really contributed to my exhaustion more than anything. I expected Joe to come home after a week and have to check me into a looney bin. I was a little crazy. I'd like to paint the perfect picture and say that everything was a piece of cake. But my blog/journal is not meant to portray my life as perfect. That annoys me actually about a lot of blogs. Things were far from perfect last week. I was far from perfect.
But high in sight is 20 20. And looking back, I realized that the week was pretty great for us. We missed Joe like crazy, but we sure did have fun-in a crazy, overly tired, nutty sort of way. I have been decorating the girls room (finally) so I lack the creativity to do a cute post, but I wanted to record all the things that happened just last week. Big stuff going on around here. So enjoy the snapshots of my week. This is as real as it gets...
Gwen was very serious about giving William a check up. And a "bandaid" for his head.
Henry played with his animals non stop. He then discovered the old camera I have on a console table and proceeded to say "smile" to his animals. After each picture he looked at the back of the camera and said "dute" (aka-cute).

Gwen and Henry enjoyed a swim one long, snowy day.

Gabs lost two teeth. The first one fell out when she bumped her mouth on her bunk bed. The next morning she asked if I would pull out her other loose one so she could get two prizes at school. I closed my eyes and pulled it out. I really wish Joe had been here. If for nothing else, I deserve a medal for that one. Gross.
Henry spent a significant amount of time one day here in the "brown chair". He knows he is not allowed to get out until I say so, so he rolls over and slides out of the chair until his feet are about an inch from the floor just to see what I'll do. I called this day "brown chair boot camp". It wasn't fun.
One night I was tired and grumpy. All I wanted to do was get the kids in bed, but instead I found myself in the midst of a dance party video. This particular one makes me smile because this is my real life. It really, really is. I'm the lucky one.

7 comments:
I can't believe Gabs is losing teeth already. Mattie is dying to lose some. But losing teeth just means their growing up. :(
I love the pool and your rock star.
I saw this post the other day and then it was gone....I am glad it is back, super cute. And yahoo...only a few more days until you can enjoy our winter. Love you
i love that photo of henry taking a picture of his dinosaurs...very cute.
ps. i'm with you on the single mom thing...i swear, when drew was here in FL and i was back in WA for those few months, i thought i was going to go insane...like really insane. i don't know how others can do it.
I loved that video at the end into your real life...and hearing your real laugh. It made me smile. Way to stick out your week as a single parent. I am not good at it either. I am a much happier person and Momma when Brian is around. And you should definatly win a medal for pulling that tooth. I am with you on that one. To Dad I send them. I am glad you got through your tuff week and could still sit and laugh and dance with your four beautiful cute kids.
Okay can i just say I LOVE LOVE the picture of henry's tiny hands above the couch with the dinosaurs... Ohhh my gosh... you know it's never easy being a single parent but you find out how strong you are when they are gone..
That last video reminds me so much of us whenever we skype anyone. You can barely see me because the kids are all over me wanting to peak into the computer. So funny. Great recap of the week!
ahhh... the kreiple laugh! i miss it. can you even believe it's gone from dance parties in my decked out "save ferris" room to dance parties with our kids to save our own sanity? dancing makes everything better. always. glad you survived the week.
Post a Comment