1.11.2008

Here's the Trouble...

I think I've created a monster.

I've brainwashed my daughter, and now there's no fixing it. I have always, always, been paranoid about Gabs getting a hold of a pair of scissors and cutting her hair. It really is one of my worst nightmares. She has had a head full of hair since the day she was born. My dad says she has rum-tum-tuger hair. She always adds, " I have rum-tum-tuger hair, but it is bee-u-tiful." She competes with the rest of the Chiara's for the title of the most amazing bed head. She really can pull of some amazing do's in the morning.

I'm careful to say I am going to the salon to get my hair "done", never cut. She believes that all girls hair is long like Ariel and Belle. The other day at Costco she said, loud enough for the gentleman to hear, "Boys shouldn't have long hair at all, right mom?" We all got a good laugh over it, but that was something she observed all on her own, nothing I ever told her.

She now hates having her hair pulled up...she always wants it down and "long." She believes it's prettier that way. Her hair truly is all in her face when it is down. We have worked it out so when we leave the house I can do it, but otherwise, it's rum-tum-tuger for sure.

It's driving me crazy. I want to cut it. I think a cute little bob would be perfect. Here's the trouble though-when I ask if we should go get our hair cut at the salon she says "No, that would be bad. I will be so sad." My exact words for telling her why she can't cut her own hair.

I am in big trouble. She will be traumatized if I just take her. I remember the awful bowl cut my mom choose for me. The memories still haunt me. I can't do that to Gabs (sorry mom). But if I don't take her she's soon to be Rapunzel. What should I do? I have definitely created a monster.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

Your blog is mesmorizing! I just can't stop reading it. Your girls are darling . . .seriously, beautiful. Every picture I see I think "That should be in a magazine." Your style of decorating is beautiful . . . you do fun crafty things, and I can just tell you are beyond being a wonderful mother and wife. I loved both yours and Joe's love story. You should print those and keep them. It is so fun to read your blog and I am excited to continue to. Thank you for letting me in. I can't wait to continue to read about your wonderful family. You inspire me.

Tasha said...

PS My boys are: Tanner 3 and Brayden 14 months! How funny. Our kids are the same age. So fun!

Unknown said...

Ok Jamie quit paying people to write such nice things about you in your comments section! Hee Hee, no seriously you are all of those things!!! So Gabriella's long hair is cute and little bobs are darling too. Too bad there aren't any "princesses" with shorter hair she could watch.

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to see the new do!

Jillyboo said...

Maybe you could take her one day to just watch someone get their hair cut. She can see that the person who does it is special and should be the only one to use scissors on her hair. Then she can see how cute it looks afterwards too! So fun and different.
Best of luck. I think a bob would be darling on her!
Also, such a cute picture trio.

nicole said...

I love the long hair, but can just see her with a cute short bob. Dad comes over here after Dylan wakes up and tells her "you have rum tum tuger hair just like Gabriella, but her's is worse!" I think that's so funny. I can't wait to hear what you decide.

Bryn said...

I have no inspiring words for you when it comes to taking your kids to get their hair cut, but I think everyone would love for you to capture Gabriella's bed head and post it...becuase it is the best!!

MyR said...

Tyann was SO excited to get her hair cut. Here's what worked for me...we first had a THE TALK that ONLY her Aunt cuts her hair and then I let her "pick" out how she wanted it cut. And by pick...I mean I showed her a few pictures of ones I liked and 'helped' her pick the one I wanted. She LOVED it.

And I'm with Bryn...I want to see pictures of the funny 'pillow perm' (as Chris calls it.) ha ha!

Eric and Hayley said...

Hey Jamie, Snow White has short hair....:)