
I can't stop thinking about it. Our trip to Alaska was marvelous! The cruise was a dream. I keep thinking about when we can do it again. I wonder if I'll ever take a normal vacation again. All I want to do is cruise! I'm totally hooked. I've got the cruising bug and I can't seem to let it go!
I went on a Disney cruise when I was 8, but never made it up late enough to the midnight buffet, so I wonder if that really counts. Joe had never been on one and he was worried if he was the cruising type. Rest assured, he is! He most definitely is the cruising type. The whole experience was divine.
For Christmas this past year my parents invited the adults only on a vacation of choice. Each of the 5 girls was to pick a week within the next 2 years and my parents would pick the location. That was the deal. We pick the week, they pick the spot. Joe and I knew right away that we better do it sooner than later. Our girls were at a good age to leave and our future schedule is always so unpredictable. So we picked May. Two of my other sisters picked the spring time also. So, my parents decided one trip was better than three and they got planning.
I am so glad that we were able to take this trip with my mom and dad AND two of my sisters! We really missed our other two sisters though, but I know they'll have a fabulous time on their trips next year.
Our trip: An Alaskan cruise! Holy cow, how lucky are we? We had the BEST time! :) In every way it was more than I expected! It was so much fun to be with my parents and Shanen and Nicole and their husbands without any children. We never get the chance to do that. My parents said they don't know if they'll ever be able to take a trip again just the two of them, and I don't know if we'll ever be able to take a trip again that doesn't include a cruise.
For 7 days we ate, laughed, ate, played games, ate, saw beautiful scenery, ate and ate just a little more. We ate everything imaginable including, sushi, creme brule, escargot, frog legs, duck, lobster, crab, prime rib, beef wellington, and every edible fish. And when I mean eat, we really did eat it! I loved it all, even the escargot. We even tried caviar. That I won't be trying again. But at least I tried.
The scenery was breathtaking and the weather turned out perfectly. I wouldn't have changed a thing about it! On Sunday we left Seattle and cruised clear until Tuesday morning when stopped at our first port of call. The cruising days were a ton of fun just playing games, eating and relaxing. Those nights we had formal dinners and those nights were my favorite.
Since this is like my online journal, I'll have to post several times to include everything I want to remember, but for today, I'll include the first two days.
The whole gang of us leaving Seattle. 

We ran into some rough water Monday before we made it to the inland passage, but we were able to enjoy some calm wind and slightly less rough sea out on deck after dinner. It was peaceful and refreshing to have all the ocean around us just to ourselves.

These pictures make me laugh. All of of us girls have a picture in our wedding album where we are standing with my mom and we're looking at each other "laughing". It's one of those posed, but not suppose to looked posed pictures that the photographers wanted. Out of nowhere I said we needed a bride picture and for all of us to look at my mom. We started laughing hysterically and couldn't stop. We thought we were so funny. I'm so glad I have these pictures. They pretty much sum up the entire trip. Good times and laughing! 




12 comments:
I am so glad you posted. I have been dying to know how your trip went. Please tell me you found the binoculars on the porch!!! I can't believe that you ate snails!!!! I need a kid free vacation right now. I can't wait to read up on the rest of the trip. Did you see ice bergs?
There's so much to say about this trip, and this post, but all that's coming to mind right now stems from your first comment..."ice berg, right ahead!" LOL! Love you and thanks for hosting us for a couple of days before our trip!
What a FABULOUS TRIP!! I had forgotten you were going on a trip and have been wondering where you have been and figured something great (or not great) was going on. I am very glad it was a great and wonderful thing!! YEAH for a trip to Alaska on a Cruise. I have heard this cruise is wonderful and you have just confirmed it. It is actually on the list of things Brian and I want to do at some point in our lives. What an amazing time to go with your parents and two sisters also. FABULOUS! I can't wait to hear and see even more about it!! YOu have left me in total anticipation. :)
You are so fast....I haven'teven had TWO seconds to sit down and get a post going. I have downloaded all my pictures though. I offically have 2 more days of school and then I promise I will get on it. I love those pictures. I am glad you made it home safely. Talk to you soon. Love you
Ok those bride pictures are hilarious! I'm so glad you had a great time. What a fun vacation. Looks like you had the best time with your family. Amazing what happens when the kids are some where else! What a blast. Looking forward to the next post!
Good times! I'm glad you went to Alaska--it's really the best cruise in my oppion. And yes the food...oh...the food. One could easily gain 10 pounds on a cruise. It's food 24/7!
Gosh just thinking about it gets me excited for our cruise in two weeks!
Oh, and also, you look absolutely beautiful in those pictures. Your like a cute Barbi doll. Really...
that's my dream vacation!I too am hooked on cruising!I would do it again and again!!!Alaska is one of the most beautiful places on teh planet and I'd love to get out there again!!!Oh yes the food is to die for!!!
i love those laughing photos!!!How funny!
Once a cruiser, always a cruiser. Chris and I have done four now!!! I'm so glad you love it too. Alaska is on our list! Whenever you want to go again, we're in!
Jamie,
Your cruise looked like so much fun. Those pictures make me miss the Northwest, it is so beautiful. What a neat experience to have your mom and sisters with you.
Looks wonderful! We have always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise! That is the only place I want to cruise. I'm glad you had a fabulous time!
Jamie, so glad you had such a wonderful time. The Disney cruise was our first this last Oct. I'm hooked as well. I'm sure you will treasure that special time with your family. As the kids come, it seems like it gets harder to spend that "quality" time w/ siblings/parents..what a great idea your parents had.
looks like a fun trip. I love the bride pictures!
Post a Comment