



Have I mentioned that this girl loves her daddy? I mean really, really loves him? Well, if I haven't, she does.
She calls him name every morning after I get her out of bed, just to see, by chance, that maybe she'll get lucky and he'll be home.
She reaches for him, even if she's in my arms, and says, "Hold you daddy, hold you."
She covers him with her special blanket. No one else gets to touch her blanket. But sure enough, if Joe's on the floor, he'll get covered with the special blanket.
If she's in her seat for dinner when Joe walks in the door she yells, "All done. All done." She practically makes the chair tip trying to get to him while strapped in. Even if I have barely put food in front of her, she wants nothing to do with it until she holds her daddy. And this is our food lover, so you know what he means to her if she's willing to ignore dinner for some hugs.
She makes him blush when she lays kiss after kiss on his lips in the middle of a store. It is so cute.
When she's hurt, she turns to him for comfort.
When she's being adorable, she looks for him to be sure he's watching.
When he's on the floor, she's either on him, laying against him, or climbing over him.
The other day when I took these pictures I was thinking about how special dads are. How they are irreplaceable. How they are someone that loves you always. And someone you will always love.
This same day Joe's parents drove into town from Utah for a visit. That night (Friday) Joe's dad had a stroke while here sleeping. Gwen had been having a rough night-something that hasn't happened since she was a baby. After hearing her 2 or 3 times before midnight I thought to myself, "What is going on with her?" She was up again at 12:00 am, and Joe's dad woke up from her cries.
That's when we knew he had a stroke. It was a blessing that Gwen was having a sleepless night. The earlier you know about a stroke the better. He may have slept clear until morning, but thankfully we knew within hours.
He's been at the hospital and is doing fair. Physically he's just the same. Mentally he's just the same. Unfortunately, the stroke affected the part of the brain that controls communication. Right now, he can not speak. He knows what he wants to say, but can't say it. He has improved from the mumbles we heard the night of the stroke. He can get out a few words of a sentence, so we can usually tell what it is he is trying to say. The same thing happens when he writes. A few words, but he can't write a sentence.
He can regain what he's lost. But we don't know when or how much. Hopefully we can bring him home in a few days, because like I said, physically, everything is perfectly normal.
Joe is really missing his dad and is have a tough time. He spent the day with him yesterday at the hospital and I know he is grateful that they were here when it happened. Joe knew right away what was wrong and even what kind of stroke he had and what it would affect. But, he's concerned and worried about his dad. We all are
Joe and his mom are with him again this morning. But as the weeks go by and Father's day approaches and you're thinking of your dad, if you could have an extra thought for Joe and his dad and family, I know it would help.

16 comments:
We are sorry for everything your family is going through, especially Joe. What a great blessing that his dad was there visiting with you guys when it happened. You are in our prayers, let us know how everything goes.
You know you are ALL in our thoughts and prayers. How fortunate that things happened the way they did with Gwen being up and Joe being there to help. We are thinking about all of you. Let them know that we are hoping for a fast, speedy recovery. Love you guys!
We love you guys so much! Know that we are thinking about you and know that everything happened the way it did for a reason! Tell everyone that we love them and give the girls kisses and hugs.
We can't stop thinking about you guys. None of us can truely imagine what you are going through. Be strong and we will all keep saying prayers for you all. We love you.
What a sweet little girl you have - it is like she knew. Children are amazing. I'm glad things are improving and we will be keeping all of you in our prayers.
All of you are in our thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine what all of you must be feeling right now. Know that we are thinking of you and hoping for a quick recovery. How fortunate you are that Gwen was having a rough night. She must have known her grandpa would need the help. Love you all!
Wow, Jamie, I had no idea . . . I can't say anything else that hasn't already been said. Best wishes, I hope everything goes well. Sweet little Gwen was so in tune--what a doll.
I am so sad to hear that news! I hope daily he gets better and better. Almost the same thing happened to my friend's mom. She was fine physically but couldn't write or read after the stroke. But she seems to have completely recovered now. So I hope it'll be the same with this situation.
Jamie and Joe, so sorry to hear about your dad. We hope he has a quick recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Jamie no wonder we missed you last night at the Crawfords. I am so glad that physically he is OK. We will pray for him to regain his speach. Don't you just love that Joe is a doctor. I'm glad Gwen clued you guys in.
You are in our thoughts and prayers and I hope Joe's Dad has a swift recovery. Good job Gwen in alerting the family! What a blessing to have little ones so sensitive to the Spirit.
We are sorry to hear about Joe's dad. We know how much it hurts, and we will pray for his continued recovery. How amazing Joe's dad was in your home, and woken early by little Gwen.
Oh, Jamie . . . I am so so sorry. I am so sorry that this happened. WHat a true blessing that Gwen had a ruff night, and that Joe was home and new what had happened and that he was there to help with it. But, oh, what a tuff tuff thing. Truthfully, it is just making me cry. You are all in my prayers.
I'm so sorry to hear thar. You'll be in our prayers and hope all is well. It really makes you see how fragile dads are.
Loved your photos of your trip. Skagway was beautiful! And how fun to take a trip with your sisters!
Hope your father in law is okay. That is so scary and heartbreaking. I will be thinking of you.
I am so sorry to hear about Joe's Dad. He is blessed to have so many of you near him to offer love and support. It truly is amazing that you caught it early.
Post a Comment