



After another day at sea, we made it to our final port in Victoria, British Columbia. We were only there from 4:00 pm to 11:59 pm. Apparently, if you sail in Canadian waters, you have to stop in Canada. So Victoria it was.

Joe and I visited Victoria last year and had a great time (see here). We couldn't wait to go back with my family, even for just a few short hours. The weather was warm, which was a nice change. The streets were filled with tons of people. There was some sort of United States and Mexico high school band competition going on, so it was crazy crowded. I personally loved all the people. Because of the warm weather, people were sitting all over the grass at The Empress Hotel and Parliament Building. It reminded me of a college campus after months of winter weather. The first day of sunshine, people were everywhere reading on blankets or playing catch or Frisbee. It was neat to walk around and see so many people enjoying themselves.
The harbour docks were filled with hippie vendors and street shows. It was a great evening to enjoy the beautiful sunset and the fun atmosphere. It was our last stop before we had to face the reality that our fabulous trip would soon be over. It really was the perfect way to end the trip-walking the streets talking and being together.
Thank you a million times over to my adorable mom and dad. We haven't stopped talking about what a great time we had and it will be something we will always remember! We love you, we love you! You're the cutest, most loving parents ever! Thank you for all you always do!


5 comments:
I love those pictures. I called you today, did Keith tell you. I was leaving a message on your cel phone when you were calling back. I clicked over and it was Keith. We had a nice little chat and he said you were in a musuem or something. Anyways, I hope all is going well and you all can enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Love you
I love victoria! We went there on vacation when I was 14. Glenn and scott almost got beat up by a homeless man who thought their comb was a switch blade. It was scary at the time, but makes me laugh now!
So beautiful!! Victoria looks just gorgeous. That really does sound like a perfect way to end such a wonderful trip. What a marvelous marvelous time!
I hope things are still going okay with your Father in law. You are all still in my thoughts and prayers.
what an amazing trip!!! Everyone who cruises always says that that cruise it by far the best!!!! you guys are soooo lucky!
I love the picture of your parents, they look fabulous in it. Please tell them I said "Hello" the next time you chat:)
Post a Comment