



Meet Baby.
She's the 5th member of our family. I'm not sure if I've introduced her yet.
Her name is "MY BABY." It's not pronounced softly or quietly. But rather pronounced with a little bit of matter-of-factness behind it. A little attitude if you will.
She was born on October 7, 2007...the day Gwen turned one. She came to use warpped in a bow from a stork named Grandma Kreipl.
She has been a joy to our household ever since that day. Some even call her a doll.
She eats very little, and hardly makes a mess.
She is loved by her adoring sisters, especially Gwen and never fusses over being drug, thrown, stepped on or dropped.
She sleeps with Gwen. I know it's a bad habit to start, but she loves it in the corner of the crib sleeping upside down between the pink bunny and pink pig.
She's a good sleeper too. Sometimes I find her face down on the floor in the morning. Gwen always seems real concerned when this happens. But "MY BABY" never cries.
She loves to play pretend. She happily lets Gwen pretend to be her mama and will take many naps a day in her cradle.
She's the 5th member of our family. I'm not sure if I've introduced her yet.
Her name is "MY BABY." It's not pronounced softly or quietly. But rather pronounced with a little bit of matter-of-factness behind it. A little attitude if you will.
She was born on October 7, 2007...the day Gwen turned one. She came to use warpped in a bow from a stork named Grandma Kreipl.
She has been a joy to our household ever since that day. Some even call her a doll.
She eats very little, and hardly makes a mess.
She is loved by her adoring sisters, especially Gwen and never fusses over being drug, thrown, stepped on or dropped.
She sleeps with Gwen. I know it's a bad habit to start, but she loves it in the corner of the crib sleeping upside down between the pink bunny and pink pig.
She's a good sleeper too. Sometimes I find her face down on the floor in the morning. Gwen always seems real concerned when this happens. But "MY BABY" never cries.
She loves to play pretend. She happily lets Gwen pretend to be her mama and will take many naps a day in her cradle.
She enjoys being held. Especially like a football.
She has impeccable manners as well. Sits still. Keeps quiet. Always smiles.
She loves rides in the car. She's still pretty little. We don't take her out much, so she enjoys the view out the window.
She is not a big bath fan though. She's had to get washed a few times. "MY BABY" was a little concerned about the big, round, metal, spinning tub she had to sit in. Gwen didn't help the situation by crying for her either. She did seem to like the bubbles though.
She likes to hide. She stays so quiet when she hides, sometimes it takes us a long time to find her. We usually find her in the closet or under the bed. Once, she was clear outside under the slide. Silly "MY BABY".
She loves rides in the car. She's still pretty little. We don't take her out much, so she enjoys the view out the window.
She is not a big bath fan though. She's had to get washed a few times. "MY BABY" was a little concerned about the big, round, metal, spinning tub she had to sit in. Gwen didn't help the situation by crying for her either. She did seem to like the bubbles though.
She likes to hide. She stays so quiet when she hides, sometimes it takes us a long time to find her. We usually find her in the closet or under the bed. Once, she was clear outside under the slide. Silly "MY BABY".
She never runs from hugs or kisses. She even lets Gwen chew on her hands and feet. Never complains.
We really couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit for our family. We are so lucky to have "MY BABY". Every family truly needs one exactly like her!
We really couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit for our family. We are so lucky to have "MY BABY". Every family truly needs one exactly like her!

15 comments:
This post truly makes me smile!!
I LOVE that she loves baby!!
The lighting in your pictures is amazing.
I can't wait to see all of you in a few weeks!!
What a fantastic introduction! You are such a great writer. I love reading your writing.
We have the exact same "my baby!" three actually. And they like the same things. But they sleep in the basement with all their other 500 hundred "sisters." :)
Why can't I picture where these pictures were taken? Wood floors? I'm so confused!! Either way, I love that Gwen is the perfect "My Baby" life size version. She is so adorable! I love her piggies so much and her cute dress. I can almost here her singing a little lullaby as she tuckes her in. No wonder she is your "My Baby!" Love you all!!
We need to adopt one of those. Maybe she can sleep between Spiderman and Lighting McQueen. I bet she would have fun riding in the back of the dump truck and playing hide and seek in the sandbox. Too cute!
Adorable, and like Bryn I'm trying to figure out where those pictures were taken. Did you get wood floors? I think Ava needed to spend ALOT more time with Gwen to teach her how to be a little girl. Ava would rather sleep with a soccer ball or a book. How bizarre is that? But at least I can put her in a dress and get pig tails in. At least I can dress her like a girl even if she doesn't act it.
What a cute post. I love all the pictures of Gwen being mommy to "My Baby." Dylan loves her baby doll from grandma also. Whenever we leave the house she always yells, "Bye baby doll, see you soon." as we drive away.
You have such a gift for expressing precious moments. Your blog is always a highlight for me!
Love checking your blog, friend! So adorable. Such great lighting and perfect journaling.
When I first read this title I was like " Oh my gosh Jamie is pregnant that is so fun I hope it is a girl"
Now I'm sad.
Bryn and Mary, I'm offended that you don't remember our 11 sq feet of hardwood flooring in our entry way. It's gorgeous, don't you remember? :)
And to all other curious minds, the lighting comes from an open front door on a cloudy, rainy June afternoon. It may be amazing, but it sure is depressing.
And I'm sad too Jenny.
sweet post. and I absolutly love those pictures of gwen and my baby. they're truely breath taking.
I love your "MY BABY" as well! I think I had a doll very similar to her when I was Gwens age. I still have her, but sadly enough she is in a closet at my mother's house. I love how you wrote that and I love all the beautiful pictures of Gwen playing with her as well.
You are just too cute!
such cute pictures. it does remind me of Lucy and her babies, but she has three of them, they're all totally raggedy (they've been through her big sisters) and they're usually "naked."
Lucy's birthday is on October 1st. Crazy how close they are!
Post a Comment