6.04.2008

Her Artichoke




She loves artichokes.

What can I say?

She can eat a whole one by herself. Plus a half a cube of melted butter.

She'll eat one everyday for lunch if I let her.

She cheers when we're eating them for dinner.

She tells me I'm the best mommy in the whole world when I'm serving them.

She's practically giddy while eating them. And she's so angelic because she's so happy.

She prays specifically for her artichoke at meal time.

We have to tell her to stop eating them just so she'll eat something else at dinner.

If she's misbehaving, we threaten her with not getting an artichoke. It works every time...especially when we're at the supermarket.

She thinks the artichoke is her friend.

And she would love to ride off into the sunset every night. Just her and her artichoke.


Is this normal?

13 comments:

Shannon Crandall said...

That was my favorite thing as a youngling as well! I still love them!!!!! What a marvelous girl!!!! I was finishing a comment on your last post and then this one came up what a random coincidence.

The Seaquist Family said...

That is hilarious. And I love the pictures. Guess Gabs learned how to look at the camera...in Utah. How great that she loves artichoke. For Ava it is fresh pineapple. I mean, why eat anything else.

Shanen said...

Normal only if you are a product of the Kreipl family. The girls love them as well, and Kruz got the hang of eating them last time we had them also. Kobi is always asking for them when we are at the store. I don't see anything wrong with this at all.

Jennifer said...

First, I knew i would get to see these beautiful pictures soon when i drove by this evening and saw you guys out having fun with a camera around your neck. Second, how do you eat an artichoke I must know. I have only ever bought them in a jar marinating. Can you eat a friend? Is that right?

Fisher Family said...

Gabriella is such a cutie. Love her facination w/ artichokes. Hey if she's going to love something might as well be a vegetable. Now if she can just get cora to jump on the vegetable (tricycle) bandwagon, we'll be set.

nicole said...

I think it's perfectly normal. Like Shanen said, especially if she's got any Kreipl in her! It's about time I start to see just how much Kreipl my kids have in them. Lately, when it comes to food, they've been all Bailey. Not good. Love you!

Bryn said...

I love it! Artichokes are still so expensive here, so I am waiting for them to go on sale so we can all eat them. Austin had never eaten one before we got married! Now that is crazy! Gabriella with her artichoke = Dax with a zuchinni about 2 weeks ago. She looks so cute on her red tryk! Love her cute shirt. She's such a funny girl!

Sarah said...

Too funny, Jamie, and sounds like it's a fave that is here to stay. When Aubrey was a baby, she couldn't get enough green pepper strips. Yum. I thought I was Supermom . . . not so much anymore.

Lisa said...

Such cute pictures. She is a doll and of course you would get that classic red tryk. Love it. Please tell me how to cook and eat artichokes. My kids are pretty good eaters -- I'm sure we'd all like them!

Tasha said...

That is funny. I have not tried artichokes with my kids. But, I love it when my kids love a vegetable. I love the pictures with her artichoke on the back of her bike. You dress your kids so cute too!

Becca said...

I have yet to hear of a love affair between a little girl an d an artichoke! I adore stories like that!!! tell her she needs to palnta garden full of them as soon as she has a pile a dirt to do so... I can't imagine the joy she would have growing best friends right out of the ground!

Shawni said...

Wow that's a good thing to be in love with! I mean, the butter isnt' the best, but hey, it balances out, right?

regibells said...

ahhh the simple things in life! I love your photography. TOO CUTE!