9.09.2008

Blah. Blah. Blah.



I can't really make excuses for my lack of motivation. But it just hasn't been there. If, by chance, I get a burst of energy, we're off to the park, or the library, or running errands. Blogging has suffered.

We had a great week last week. Of course, it started off right with a Monday holiday! Then Joe surprised me Wednesday and got off work early and topped it off with news that he didn't have to go in on Thursday...at all! Hallelujah!

So he made dinner Wednesday night. And cleaned the kitchen. And got the girls everything they needed. And got them ready for bed. And got up with them on Thursday morning. And made them breakfast. And gave them a bath. And told them to stop fighting. And changed diapers. And wrestled with them. And tickled them. And went to soccer practice. And...

And I relaxed. What a concept. Pregnant and relaxing. That's new to me this time around. And it was glorious!

We went to an apple orchard on Thursday and picked apples. I had big intentions of dipping them in caramel. I even bought snickers and twix to crush up and roll them in afterward. But I was so tired of having the fruit flies in my kitchen I just ditched the apples and ate the candy! I'd say I still won out on that one.

Friday we headed up to the BYU football fireside and that was fantastic. It was a real treat to hear the coach and a few of the players talk. I really enjoyed it. The next day we went to the BYU/Washington football game. Without the girls! Ten hours without children! Holy cats, that was one heck of a date! The game was awesome and so so fun! We won by blocking an extra point with 2 seconds left in the game. It was amazing. Joe may have even cried a little tear we were so excited! :)

But now, it's back to normal. Joe's on call this week, and I'm back to not relaxing. Just a bunch of ho-hum stuff going on. Oh, but I did get the ancient, super old-school retainer off my bottom teeth. That feels nice! No more metal rings on two of my bottom teeth. Gabriella was so sad when I told her they would be removing it. She said, "I don't want them to take it off, momma. It looks so pretty on your teeth." She thinks it's jewelry for my teeth. I think not. So I'm glad it's finally gone after 14 years!

Really though, motivation has got to be coming back soon. I'm working on it. I will be better. I can be not tired. I will try harder. I must prevail. Positive thinking will conquer all. I can do this!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Jamie I'm glad when you blog. For some reason reading your blog makes me happy. I am so glad for you that you got the retainer removed. Are you licking your teeth all the time? That ultrasound should be coming up soon right and with it that nesting boost of energy. That's positive thinking right...

Jill said...

Yes, I can relate! It's just getting better now... so hold on. There's hope! That is until the belly starts getting big. Then it's a new kind of tired. Then the baby comes. And that about defines the word tired! But in the end, it's all worth it. right?

Heather said...

Love the Snickers and Twix thing. My thoughts exactly. As far as the lack of motivation, at least you have an excuse. I'm just plain lazy.

Anonymous said...

joe's such a sweetie for taking care of the girls for you so you could relax a bit...seriously i don't know how some women make it through a pregnancy without a husband?...anyway, keep it up. the first trimester is the worst part and you're nearly through it...yeah!

The Seaquist Family said...

I want to know how that positive thinking works out. I tried that with each of my pregnancies and by the end I had realized that they was an actual indention of my rear end where I sat on the sofa. Guess I spent a little time there as a whale. And my children became quite proficient at pushing the chair to the pantry to get whatever they wanted to eat because Mommy was just too tired (or sick) to get up.

Bryn said...

I love that you got to pick berries and apples all in a week. And I love that Joe was home, during his on call week, when I talked to you yesterday. The world must know that you need some more hubby time for some more R&R. See you soon!!!

DEANNA said...

Ok, you are about the cutest pregnant woman I have EVER seen. You must be like 16 weeks right? Number three and you are not even showing.

Dang...Just too cute and skinny to boot!!!

Lisa said...

Yeah for a great husband, yeah for some good pregnancy relaxation, Yeah for someone else taking the pictures so you could be in it, Yeah for eating chocolate and of course Yeah for the Cougars!!! Definitely a good week.