



I've always dreaded giving the girls their baths. It is a chore that I loathe. The girls love taking baths, that's not the problem. The problem lies with the fact that I have to sit in the bathroom and supervise while they play and enjoy.
I was jealous of moms who could put their kids in the tub and go about their business with an extra 20-30 minutes of quiet, well entertained kids. By the time Gabs was old enough to be tub safe, for the most part, Gwen was absolutely not. So there I sat, watching the girls. Getting splashed. Going deaf from the echoing screams of delight. Wishing I could be like all the other moms and have a few moments of peace.
Well, the day has finally come! Bath time is now a break for me and it's everything I imagined it would be. While the girls play, I get to fold laundry without anyone touching my piles. I get to load the dishwasher without little hands removing silverware. I get to call my sister without girls trying to talk as well. I get to hear the pleasing sounds of a fun bath time somewhere other than twelve inches away. And it's great.
Gwen, however, is slightly less entertained by the tub than Gabriella. She likes to tell me "Bibboty bobbity boo. Make you disappear" (see first picture) and slide her slippery little body over the tub and come find me, soaking wet, to tell me "Hi mommy" then go running back to the tub.
I can't help but thinks it's adorable even if it does mean I don't get complete peace and quiet. The little bum is definitely worth the interruption.
So here's to more baths. May we take them three times a day now!

10 comments:
Too cute! Bath time is the best! My girls can spend forever in the tub. Like 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Of course that's with me adding warm water now and then after being refused at the idea of removing them.
I love the image of a little, wet Gwen escaping. She's such a cutie.
Those are the cutest pics in the world! Oh my gosh, Gabi seems to have a ton of Kreipl, while Gwen seems like a good mix. I'm not totally sure tho, I'd have to meet them to give my final analysis (and I'd have to meet your hubby too). Ashley loves bathtime. I've never thought of leaving her in there alone. Hmm. Thanks, that's gonna really help my sanity at night. :)
I just want so squish ALL of those cute cheeks. So cute. I haven't left our kids alone yet in the bath...at least I haven't left the bedroom yet. I like to hear them just to make sure that Dylan doesn't try to "take out" Isaac. I never know with her. Such cute pictures. I'm guessing they're courtesy of the new flash??? Do you love it?
I hear you on the "hate to give baths front" Sara gave me a heart attack when she stood up in the tub the other day. I will definitely be spending lots of time reading magazines on the so comfy toilet seat more often!
So cute! I love those pictures :) I am finally at a quiet bath time too, and I love it :) It is one of those great great things. Too bad we both will only be at this point for so long before #3 joins the ranks. But, well, it will be worth it to get our cute #3 baby. :)
O ' how I love these pictures. I envy your talent.
Megan just gives herself a bath whenever she darn well wants to. She is crazy. If Luke is in there then I need to be right there so he doesn't stand up so usually it's a quick bath. I hate just sitting beside the tub waiting... too much to do!
Hi Jamie
I found Nicole on facebook and she gave me your blog address. I missed you girls at the reunion this weekend. All I wanted to see were the twinies. Now I can check up on you here. Your family is beautiful.
I'm so glad to see you're doing so good.
I love her little bum!! She is getting so big! 2 almost? Where has the time gone? I swear she is cathcing up to Dax!!
is it really that great?...stop torturing me. i guess i won't know for a while. i too am deaf from the screams of delight. seriously, my boy screams like a saprano!
Post a Comment