


"Bigger and bigger."
That's what Gwen has been saying to me the last few days. She doesn't need to say more than that. I know that she's talking about my ever growing belly.
I finally hit the wall. I hit it earlier than I hit it with the girls. But at 35 weeks, I'm pretty ready to not be pregnant anymore. Actually, mentally, I'm fine with being pregnant. Physically, I'm sick of being pregnant.
My body never felt this beat up with the girls. This time around, joints are cracking and popping that just shouldn't be. Everything is stiff and achy and I'm wobbeling around uncomfortably. It's pretty ridiculous what I've resorted to. I've found myself getting down on the floor to pick up toys and just deciding to crawl to the next room to continue to pick things up, because standing is just too difficult and bending down to do it again is just too painful. I see Gwen trying to pick things up with her toes and open drawers with her feet, because obviously that's the way things get done around here now.
I'm always in my favorite yoga pants and one of Joe's shirts. I'm down to one skirt for church. My boots are barely fitting around my calves because my legs are so swollen. My maternity jeans are pretty much too tight and I seem to rip the fabric covering the maternity panel each time I put them on because my rear end is growing bigger and bigger right along with everything else. Come to think of it, maybe that is really what Gwen is talking about. Must be.
I am craving anything cool and refreshing. Clementines, apples, celery, crisp salads, cucumbers and grapes. I have also been craving drinks. When not pregnant I am a huge water drinker. I have to drink plenty of water to keep from getting kidney stones, so that's what I do. I never have juice or soda in the house. Since becoming pregnant, all I want are cold beverages. First it was Martinelli's. I would drink a bottle a day while Joe was at work. I kept getting the four pack at Costco, but they kept disappearing. Then it was egg nog. We went through several, several gallons during the holidays. But nothing, I mean nothing, quite hits the spot like some serious caffeine. And honestly, I could go years without drinking soda, let alone caffeine. But boy oh boy, this pregnancy has me craving some caffeine. I usually go with Diet coke, but one night Joe got home from work and had bought a Diet Dr. Pepper to help him stay awake on the drive home. It had been since high school since I had the stuff. I took one drink and thought I was in heaven. Very,very good stuff that Diet Dr. Pepper.
It still seems completely surreal that we are having a boy. The girls still affectionately call him Cosmo. That's about as far as we've gotten on the name situation. I'm pretty confident we'll be at the hospital without a definite name. We need help desperately. Actually if you ask Joe, we have several options. I just need to choose one. Yikes!
As eager as I am to not be pregnant anymore, I must say, I LOVE having a baby in my belly. I love each and every punch and kick I feel. Even if it's to my ribs or bladder. It's a part of pregnancy that I really do miss after the baby is born. Maybe I'm the only one.
But here we are. Five weeks to go and counting...kind of.

18 comments:
You are one of the prettiest pregnant girls I know! I had to laugh about the Martinelli's. Did you just drink it straight from the bottle? :)
How did you know Laurie? I totally drank it out of the bottle...and I would sneak and hide behind the fridge door so the girls wouldn't catch me and want some. I sure didn't want to share!
I guess I don't even have to mention the middle of the night wake up calls to the restroom and not being able to go back to sleep, so I eat a bowl of cereal at 2:00 in the morning reason for not wanting to be pregnant anymore. Yea, that's a big reason!
I love your comment about loving having a baby in your belly. I always did too. Sam would try to feel the bumps and kicks on the surface but it doesn't come close to what a mother feels. What a special blessing to carry a baby!
I love feeling the baby kicking and moving, it is definitely my favorite part about being pregnant. Although by 35 weeks the kicks feel more like punches and you wonder if your bladder is going to lose it. Fun stuff. Can't wait.
Jamie you look great. And the pictures with you and your girls are wonderful. Just think, in a few shorts weeks there's going to be a little boy in those pictures too. We can't wait to see you soon. Love you
I was just thinking how I hadn't seen a pregnant picture of you. Of course, you look model-esque! Seroiusly, so cute! I'm sorry you are feeling so lousy! Hang in there! We love you!!
I wish I looked half as amazing as you do being pregnant. 5 weeks isnt too much longer...
For the record I totally vote for Cosmo. I think it is both cute for when he's little and totally masculine for when he is big. It is cool and fresh and there won't be anyother little boys running around with his name. Plus how totally awesome that the girls came up with such a brilliant pick. And you hardly have anytime left. Five weeks is nothing it will fly by. Rachel uses a grabber-nabber to help her pick things up without having to bend over constantly. I wish I had one to lend you. And even though you are feeling bigger and bigger you are still the model of perfection!
There is something so wonderful about feeling your baby kick inside. That is the only thing I miss about being pregnant. :)
You look GREAT! Too great to be due in five weeks. Good luck!
Jamie..I can't believe you are 35 weeks along. I bet you can though. You look lovely. And I too love those comments about having a baby in your belly. There's nothing that compares. So excited for you little bundle of blue to get here. :)
If you are trying to stick with the "G" thing you have going on I have made a short list of all the best boy names:
Gerald
Garard
Gus
Galchobhar (Gaelic for eager helper)
I am sure I have given you a lot to think about.
You look so cute! And I can sympathize with the crawling around thing. My least favorite part about being pregnant is how hard it is to bend over and pick up toys, which is basically what I do all day! Good luck these next few weeks!
I have seriously been wanting to see some pregnant pictures of you. After you comment on my blog about your bellie I just knew you were going to be one of the cutest pregnant people ever and Yep, you are!
I could totally relate through this whole post. For some reason this last pregnancy was so hard for me too (physically). It wasn't that I didn't love the other part of pregnancy, but physically my body just seemed to struggle this time around. I just laughed about the crawling through the house picking up toys and using your feet to pick things up and open things. Totally did all those things too! And for some reason water was just not refreshing for me too. If I did have water it needed to be ice cold. You are so close for that little boy to join your family. I really cannot wait. I love having my little guy here. It is worth every ache and pain. I can't wait to see how your girls just adore him too.
Yahoo, that you for posting pictures. You look adorable, and so happy. I was gonna call tonight, but I am pooped...and my voice hurts, and I can't breathe out of one of my noses. I wanted to know how your shower went and if you played all the right games, and can get a new carseat, and this little guys has some very handsome jammies to sleep in =) I will call soon. I love you.
Thank goodness you wrote the part about the yoga pants and Joe's shirt because I was beginning to hate those adorable little pictures of you... Not surprising though, you are stunningly fashionable even when pregnant. I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and starting to feel exactly the same. Bend over? What's that? that's what kids are for.
You may feel huge but you look as cute a button- pregnancy agrees with you. And as for the caffine- why do you think boys are so much more hyper than girls- it all starts in the womb- I craved it too but only with Andrew! Quick question- you may not know but which airport is closest to the Columbia River temple? My brother is getting married end of June. Hope all is well!
As always, you and your girls take lovely pictures. You will be so happy to have pictures of your big beutiful belly! I can't believe you are due so soon!
More like tiny and simply beautiful!
Post a Comment