7.29.2009

Fundraiser

The children are taking matters into their own hands and are raising money for air conditioning to be installed in our house. For .25 cents you can come over and receive one whole minute of a noisy, crappy fan blowing hot air in your face. For another .25 cents, they'll give you a hello kitty water bottle to squirt in the fan for a minute of glorious mist action. It's sure to cool you off for at least 30 seconds. Clothes are optional. And yes, all dolls and stuffed animals will be charged the same fee. So, come on over and support a good cause-the line's short.

Whoever said you didn't need air conditioning in Washington's an idiot.

12 comments:

Bryn said...

That sounds miserable ! It really does and I feel so bad for you! But until you live in a place where you sweat from everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE, you have no idea what living in a desert is like! But at least we have a/c...and the bill that goes with it!

nicole said...

I've got to agree with Bryn on this one. It's miserable here and I would trade places with you in a heartbeat. A/C or not. Awfully cute kids though. And it sounds like a truly respectable and ingenious summer job opportunity for them too! Love ya.

Honeycombs said...

You can come on over to my house for a swim if you would like to. We are always happy to have visitors and the water actually feels warm now with all this heat. Even Henry would want to dip his feet in.

Jennifer said...

My aunt on Bonney Lake is feeling the same thing! She just said that her refrigerator isn't keeping up with the heat and her food may all spoil. Have you checked your fridge lately?

Jamie C. said...

Bryn and Nicole, my weather said it was 108 in Gilbert today and 102in our town. Add in the no AC and I think we have it equally as bad. At least for this week I feel like I live in Arizona!

The Seaquist Family said...

Ok that made me laugh so hard. It is probably the same person who told us that we didn't need AC in Hawaii, that the trade winds would keep the house cool. That was the ONE thing I fought for when we moved to WA. Everyone kept telling me that we didn't need AC. I didn't listen. We were getting it. But when the heat did hit and I sat back in my nicely air conditioned house, no one was telling me I didn't need AC anymore, they were calling me to come over. Oh silly people. You need AC. Wish you could come over and cool off.

Anonymous said...

AND I'm sure you have humidity that makes it 100x's worse than Arizona heat. I feel for you!

Lisa said...

Yes, I am feeling for you. What on earth are you doing to cope? Shopping, movie theaters, swimming? Wish you could come over. My AC bill was $500 last month... but well worth it.

Anneke and Kris said...

How cute are your girls though!!! But not having a/c sucks! Thats when u go to a friends house who does =) You get cool, they get the bill JK =)

Jill said...

Way to keep cool! I'm not sure if you already went to NYC yet, but if not, one of my favorite restaurants in the city is OTTO. It's a fancy pizzeria down in the West Village. The pizza, pastas and proscuitto are so good. If you go, be sure to walk behind the restaurant, there is a little private street you can walk down. I love looking in the windows and wondering who lives in those homes! It's straight out of a movie. http://www.ottopizzeria.com/

Shanen said...

Oh Jamie, I am sorry it is so miserable there. You have a good sence of humor with these pictures, and I bet the spray bottle in the fan is worth a lot more than that. I hoep you are getting in the water outside a bit. Love you

Tasha said...

I love that picture. Love it. Oh, I am feeling your pain on no air conditioner. Seriously, how are you doing it? Ugg. No air = No fun. Well, it does sound like your girls are having fun, but I don't think I would be :)