Had to update and add a few more Gwenisms that I forgot. See below.Gwen's a talker. She started talking early. Early as in, sentences at 15 months. Clear, understandable sentences. She had a vocabulary that was huge. And it wasn't just clear to us. Anyone could understand what she was saying. And everyone was impressed.
She has a voice that is so distinct. It's deep and raspy. It's a joy to listen too. We get comments on the sound of her voice daily from perfect strangers. Really, if you could hear it, you'd want to converse with her for as long as possible. It's adorable.
And we think it makes her pretty smart.
But sometimes, she mixes things up and words don't come out right. Here are a few examples of what I like to call Gwenisms:
"Daddy didn't wrinkle out my hair." When getting out of the tub she wanted to tell me that Joe didn't ring out her hair.
"Let's make pupcakes." Possibly my favorite. We all call them pupcakes now instead of cupcakes.
"Mama, Gabs is fathering me." In Gwen language that means that Gabriella is bothering her. Love it.
"Here's Henry's burt rad." That would be Henry's burp rag.
"I see a Ted Wheeler." When she sees a semi she calls them a Ted Wheeler instead of a ten wheeler. I don't even know where she learned that they were called ten wheelers.
"Eeww. That's misgusting." We all have a hard time saying disgusting anymore, because she has been saying misgusting for so long. It's another favorite that I would never correct.
"Mama, can I have a star wars?" She would like a starburst.
"I'm listening to your eye shadow." She's holding the ear pieces of my Ipod to her ears.
"I see a helladoctor." I'm sure all children have their own version of the word helicopter, but I think Gwen's is pretty cute. I always called them hoctordoctors.
"Thank you for my angel eye dress." I made the girls their 4th of July dresses again this year, but she thought we were calling them angel eye dresses. So cute.
"I want a hangaber." One of my favorites is when Gwen wants a hamburger.
I tell ya, conversations with her are never dull.
We were on our way to a friends boat and I was asking the girls to tell me what rules they thought might be important for when we got to the lake. They both responded with appropriate rules such as no fighting, no crying, and no running. And without skipping a beat, Gwen added, "and no picking our noses."
Well, I didn't know we had a problem with that, but yes Gwen, that's a very important rule to remember. Thanks for the reminder, I'm sure our friends appreciated it.
Yikes.
I tell ya, conversations with her are never dull.
We were on our way to a friends boat and I was asking the girls to tell me what rules they thought might be important for when we got to the lake. They both responded with appropriate rules such as no fighting, no crying, and no running. And without skipping a beat, Gwen added, "and no picking our noses."
Well, I didn't know we had a problem with that, but yes Gwen, that's a very important rule to remember. Thanks for the reminder, I'm sure our friends appreciated it.
Yikes.

6 comments:
What a cutie. I Love her Gwenisms. We call blankets "mimicks" at our house because that is Brayden's word for them. Who knows why, but it is. I sure think she is one beautiful girl too. Love the top picture. That headband is pretty fantastic as well. You are such a fun Mom.
Love those Gwenisms and especially that Gwen!! I think misgusting is my favorite and Henry's burt rad! What a cutie. I love that I know the sound of her voice and how adorable all those must sound!! Don't ever correct her!
I love sweet expresions like Gwen's. With my first two kids I always corrected them. With Kate I hope they stay as long as they can without embarrassing her (which is probably in a couple of months when she starts preschool). Anyway...cute post as always Jamie. And I so totally love the picture of Gwen!!!
love the picture of Gwen in the clovers...her Gwenisms are adorable. Perfect that you recorded them. I can't believe Shay will be 3 in a few weeks and Gwen soon to follow. Don't ya just wish they would always be so little and say such sweet & innocent things. :)
Such a sweet girl and I love all those cute Gwenisms. She's just simply adorable.
Good for you for writing them all down. You think you'll never forget but then you do! What a sweetheart.
Post a Comment