Gwen. Helper, Utah. July 11, 2009. 5:21 pm.We just got back from Utah. We stayed up all night driving last Friday night. 18 hours of driving. Does Idaho ever end? Joe and I talked the whole way. Serious, heart-to-heart, important, life-planning, deep conversation. We arrived Saturday afternoon. We swam all day. We went to the cabin on Sunday. My parents met us there for the night. We water skied and fished at the lake. Everyday. We went to bed late. We got up early. Everyday. We saw lots of sun. We shopped on Friday. We barbecued that night. We played basketball and laser tag in the acre's of land surrounding the house in the dark. We went to bed late. We got up early. We drove to see our friends on Saturday. We stayed up all night driving again. We had more in-depth, uninterrupted conversation. We got home on Sunday, 13 hours later. We made better time. That made us happy. We had a blast. We loved every minute of it. I LOVE road trips. But now, we're t.i.r.e.d. We must sleep.

6 comments:
That is one exhausted little girl who has done lots of playing. :)
Yea for a good trip! I am glad you had such a good time. Now go get some sleep! :)
If that picture is any indication, I'd say the girls had a great time on their trip. It sounds like you all had a fun week. Glad you're home safe. Love you.
That is child abuse! She is one cute sleepy kiddo!
Thanks for coming Jamie! We enjoy your company so much. It would be great if we lived closer to you and Joe so we could be closer friends and not just distant relatives. :) But we count ourselves lucky that you come to Utah so often. Glad you're home safe. Now a favor, would you go walk the beach for me, eat a hefty serving of fish n' chips, and feed the starving seagulls for me? And while you're at it, watch for a legal position in your neighborhood that Sam just can't refuse. :)
Dax has only done this once and it makes me so sad I didn't get a picture. Maybe with Wyatt I can capture it. By the way, Gwen's dinner looks so yummy and she still looks adorable sleeping on the table! :) I am super glad you guys are back and we can get back to our daily chats! Love you!
Post a Comment