Today is my moms birthday. And it's a big one. I won't say how old she turned today, but it's definitely one to be celebrated.
I wish that I could be with her right now celebrating her big day with the rest of the family. But alas, I am here and they are there.
It pretty much stinks. It would completely stink if it weren't for one little piece of heaven I have to look forward to that just might make up for the fact that, I am, yet again, missing another birthday party. A very important birthday party.
And what, might you be asking, is that little piece of heaven I'm referring to?
Oh, just a girls only trip to New York for a week.
No husbands. No children. Just my mom and my 4 sisters in the big city. Did I mention for a week? And that there will be NO children?
Yup, that's what I call a little piece of heaven.
My mom told us a few years ago that for her ?th birthday she wanted to go on a trip with just her daughters to New York. Somehow the stars aligned for our husbands to take off work, our children to be old enough, and for no one to be pregnant (unless I don't know something) for us to sneak away for a week in October.
We have been saving our nickels and dimes ever since. We can all barely stand it. We are so excited. We are very much looking forward to our first ever girls trip.
We have been researching New York, restaurants, shows to see and places to shop. We want to make the most of every minute we have there. If anyone reading this wants to share their New York "must-do's", favorites, or secret spots for us to explore, we would love the insider tips!
So hasta la vista little chickadees. All 13 of you. We love you tons, but we're leaving you temporarily to make one very important mama's birthday wish come true!
Happy Birthday mom. I love you! And I can't wait!

8 comments:
Jamie! When are you coming? I will put together a list of must sees/must eats! Have a blast! Hopefully the weather also aligns. My fingers are crossed.
We miss you too! It's no fun having New York chit chat without you there! It's going to be so much fun! Sorry we STILL haven't had a second to talk. Tomorrow, okay? My eyes are falling fast! Hope you had a great week!
Sisters trips with Mom are THE BEST!!! We had one last year to Nashville and it was AWESOME!!! We don't have another one planned but I may just have to make a suggestion to my mom that she needs to make that same wish for her next big birthday! YAY!!!!
You are going to have so much fun in NY!!! And to be with your mom and sisters!!! Take lots of pics =)
It is coming so fast. I haven't talked to you forever, I want to hear all about your trip and the facct that we missed seeing you by only 3 short days. NY will be wonderful and I love that it is now official since the tickets are bought. Talk to you soon. Love you.
I haven't seen this picture. It turned out so cute! Send me a copy of it please. And I can't wait for NY. That tends to be the hot topic whenever any of us are together or are talking. And it always ends up that we wish you were there for the conversations too! It's coming up so fast and I just can't wait!!! Love you.
Now that does sound like a little piece of heaven! No wait, a big piece of heaven. So exciting! I am glad you get to go. Sad you had miss the actual day, but glad you get to go.
Sound like so much fun. I wish I had a sister(s) to share a trip with my Mom like that. Have fun!
Post a Comment