8.30.2010

Hello. Hello.


It's been awhile. How are you? I've missed you blogger. I feel like it's been months since I've talked to a good friend. I've missed sitting down and writing our happenings. I've missed expressing my thoughts. I've missed sharing our mundane, everyday, goofiness that I love to record. I've simply missed it all.
But things are busy. We've all been very busy...especially one particular little man. But it's time I stop using my so-called busy-ness and lack of energy as an excuse and make time to blog again. Because I enjoy it so much. I just got overwhelmed with the move, and the house, and the unpacking, and the new place, and the new people, and the roller coaster of this pregnancy (baby's fine, but holy cow, I hate roller coasters), that I felt a little lost. Everything we knew changed, and I didn't quite know how to make my life normal again.
Finally, I realized, that my life is normal. It was never "un-normal". It is just a new normal. And we're so happy with this new normal.
Joe's practice is fantastic. Fan-tas-tic. I am so happy that he loves his work and is enjoying every minute of doing his job. He is enjoying his clinic and staff and is super pleased with the variety of cases he gets to see and take to the OR. He told me yesterday how much he likes it here and how happy he is. I agree.
Our house already feels like home. It didn't take long. Pretty much walking through the door that first day with just our little family to our new, empty house felt perfect. The kids adjusted beautifully and I think have enjoyed a little more freedom and space. The running and screaming up and down the loud, echoing halls kinda give it away. Our neighborhood is everything we hoped it would be. The girls have new friends ringing our doorbell before 9:00am on Saturday mornings to play and we don't see them again most of the day. It's the kind of neighborhood where all the kids ride around in herds on their razors in the middle of the street going from house to house to play. It's really sweet.
I am pregnant as ever and trying to survive the sweltering heat of Kansas summers. I have enjoyed Manhattan. I am getting use to a smaller town. It's killing me that things just aren't right here, or even 20 minutes away. But my friend and I seem to make weekly trips to Kansas City or Topeka for the day and that helps me feel a little more normal. And until you've been here, you won't understand the beauty that lies in this area. Honestly, it's beautiful. I can hardly wait for our first Fall and Spring.
There's so much more to say, but only so much can be said during nap time. Soon Hurricane will be awake and I'll still be sitting here in my pajamas. And I have a game of Pretty Pretty Princess waiting on me. So for now, yes, we are alive. Yes, we are happy. And yes, I will be blogging regularly again...and maybe going back to catch up on the last few months. It was a nice break, a necessary break, but it's good to be home.

16 comments:

Honeycombs said...

I am so glad to read a new blog and that you feel you are "home".

Anonymous said...

Hooray! A new post! Can't wait to see more updates of your cute family! We miss you and are happy everything is going so well.

Sarah said...

I've been thinking about you--so glad to hear that things are well.

I too enjoy blogging, but I don't know when (or if) I'll ever get back on top of it! Thanks for inspiring me.

mom said...

I've been missing you and your blog. So glad that you are all doing well and settled into Kansas. Welcome back to blogger!

Tasha said...

Oh, how I have missed you. I was just sitting thinking about you the other day and wondering if Henry was as crazy as my Chase and how you were all adjusting to your new home and new life out in Kansas. This post just made me happy. And it sounds like Henry likes to get into as much "trouble" as Chase. But, you are pregnant and I am not. I don't know how you do it. Your neighborhood sounds perfect. Really beyond perfect. I am so grateful. Glad to have you back.

The Seaquist Family said...

I am so happy! You are back blogging! I've missed you. I love how you look at life and document it. It helps me appreciate the little things in life a little more. I'm glad things are going well with work/neighborhood/everything. And I TOTALLY hear you on the nothing near by thing. That is unless you are cool only shopping at Wal-Mart. Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures plus the new baby! Welcome back.

Blaire Ostler said...

nice to here form you. and oh my gosh, that boy is tan! i can only imagine how fantastic you look!

Shannon Crandall said...

So glad to have you back I have been worried!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new house!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

I can't spell.

I meant to say, hooray you're back! So glad to see you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

OK, all is well!!

Bryn said...

Henry is stinkin' adorable! He has grown up so much in the past few months! So glad to have you back to blogging! You've been missed!

Shanen said...

He is so handsome....but I need to see those girls too. I was so glad to finally talk to you yesterday. I am sorry it was so crazy. O goodness and I just realized it was Tuesday not yesterday. Our days are just to busy. I hope you are doing great and I want to see pictures of the house too. Love you guys tons.

Erin said...

I've been checking your blog waiting for updates, and I am so glad you are getting settled and enjoying Manhattan. Hopefully it will cool down and be a beautiful fall soon. How is Gabriella enjoying kindergarten?

Unknown said...

congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm glad you're loving the are. It really is a beautiful place to live, I miss it sometimes. Maybe one day we can go back. Hopefully we can stay in touch.

michelle young
familyyoungforever.blogspot

Lisa said...

Yeah! Jamie's back. So good to hear from you. Glad Joe's work is perfect... that really makes such a difference in how the whole family adjusts... that and a BIG new house. So glad you are doing well. I've done that 'moving while pregnant' thing twice and do not envy you. Hang in there.