12.28.2010

Christmas With The Chiara's

It's a good Christmas when you hear footsteps sneaking down the hallway at 4:11 am. Gabs and Gwen came quietly into our room to tell us Santa had been here. I could see Gwen was barely able to stand she was so tired. She couldn't stop rubbing her eyes. I asked which one of the girls woke up first. Gabs said she did. She woke Gwen up because they had made a pact on Christmas Eve that the first one awake was to wake the other.
I thought of all the years I had sleeping on my sisters bedroom floor unable to sleep a wink on Christmas Eve. I can't believe I have children old enough to be that excited for Christmas and Santa. But then Joe told me that he thought that this will be the last year Gabriella will believe in Santa. How can that be? She's too young. I still have a few years to enjoy all my children believing in the magic of Christmas, right?
I hope so.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Aubrey believes when it's convenient. Last Spring she told me she knew that Santa and the Tooth Fairy weren't real. I replied, "That's too bad, because then you must not believe in the Easter Bunny either, and He is supposed to come next week."

She didn't miss a beat. "Oh, Mom, I think the Easter Bunny is real, just not Santa and the Tooth Fairy."

Jennifer said...

Cole and Ally still believe - you have a good few years left! Love you!

Jennifer said...

I think Kenneth finally figured it out just last year. :)

Tasha said...

I think you still have a few years. I sure hope so because Tanner is her same age. I loved all the pictures. Especially all the boy toys that are joining your collection of fun. I am glad it was a good Christmas.

Shannon Crandall said...

Sydney totally believes still and she is 7. I don't think she suspects anything but who knows what will happen this year! I am not sure how it happened but our kids slept until 7:30 I was shocked and grateful!!!! Looks like you had a great one!!!!

Shanen said...

Love the pictures and you better have a few more years. My three still believe and I will be so sad when Kylee figures it out, or gets told. They still love Santa. Love you all and can't wait to see you.

Jennifer said...

Henry has his own pine wood derby track! How cool is that!!!

Eric and Hayley said...

I don't know if I have told you yet or not (and it is long overdue if I haven't), but congratulations on a beautiful, handsome little darling. I love that you are a mother or four and creating such a beautiful life :)

P.S. I really like the color or your walls. Did you pick it out? Do you remember what color/brand it is?