I think as woman, and especially as moms, it's in our nature to be worriers. We can't help it. And I worry. about. everything. Before William was born I often thought about how it would be with four children. Would I, all of a sudden, become this super stressed out person? Or would we never, ever, ever go out to dinner again because four children would be way crazier than three? I worried about how I would manage to get Gabs out to catch her bus if I was nursing a baby at exactly that time. And what about Henry? Oh how I worried about Henry. I worried that Gwen would never learn to buckle herself into her booster seat, because I could no longer reach her in the third row to do it for her once we put in the new car seat in.
But guess what? I'm not stressed out. We still go out to dinner from time to time. William has never even been awake when the bus stops at the corner. Henry loves this boy. And Gwen can buckle her own seat belt like a champ.
Everything I worried about was me just being silly. Sure, there have been moments when I'm trying to make dinner and Henry's wedging himself between me and the counter, and the girls are each asking me at the same time how to spell two different words and William is due to eat 10 minutes ago. Yes, that may have happened a time or two. But I don't need to worry.
Everything is just as I would have it be. William is beyond what I had prayed for. He's healthy. And beautiful. And it's as if he has always been here. He so easily became a part of all of our lives. He is a wonderful baby. I love his "Tom Brady", hair as our friend Scott put it, that sticks straight up. I love his little red cheeks and the fact that they must grow at night while he's sleeping 8 hours at a time because every morning I kiss them they're bigger and squishier than ever. I love that he just started smiling last night. He is changing fast. And growing by leaps and bounds. He most definitely has not been given the proper amount of face time on this blog I keep for my family. I will do better. Because he deserves it. But for now, enjoy the overload of extremely overdo photos of Baby Cakes.

13 comments:
Oh I am so happy to see him. And his cheeks are squishy. We can't wait to see him in person, and hold him lots. I just write down your arrival on the calendar and we can't wait. Love you all.
He is adorable, Jamie. Just precious. No wonder you love him so! Congrats--you are a very sweet mother, and your kids are blessed to have you.
I wanna kiss those checks too! For now, will you do it for me?!! Love you all!
so cute! i love the pics...such a sweet boy:)
He really is a "baby cakes". He is so beautiful. He looks like one you would just want to cuddle and cuddle and cuddle. I love you and your family Jamie. You are my example of motherhood and loving it. Love you.
Jamie I love his fohawk! I am so excited for you to have another baby in your home. Wish you were close to I could take tons and tons and tons of pictures for you!
I love him. I keep coming back to see these pictures over and over again. Keep them coming!
By the way...his fohawk is au natural. His hair grows straight up, as opposed to Henry's hair which grows straight forward!
He is so perfect with his nice chubby cheeks and crazy stylish hair. It almost makes me want another one.
Those photos are beautiful! Definitely time for me to have another baby! And the dining table I spied in the background of the post below--it's gorgeous! We're on the hunt for a new table, any hints on where you found it? Everything I've found has been very blah. That table has tons of personality! Love it!
Can I just say I loved holding baby cakes... UMMM Precious...
Adorable! He did deserve some pictures on here and I'm so glad you posted them. I wish I could come hang out. You are just such a great gal.
Post a Comment