

It all started when Gabriella opened my bedroom door at 7:30am wearing nothing but her Minnie Mouse undies saying in anything but a whisper, "Mom, where are my snow clothes?" That's when I knew it was going to be a good day.
The last time we were in snow was two years ago. Gwen probably didn't remember much about it, and Henry wasn't even born yet. I was excited that Gabriella wouldn't be going to school. I was hoping we would have a snow day ever since she went back to school last week. I hated sending her off again for 8 hours of the day. I like having her home. She's fun.
I was able to get them breakfast, get the snow clothes out of the garage, feed William, exercise and get the three kids all decked out in their snow gear by 9:30am. Man, was I moving!
We couldn't stop laughing at Henry, because his snow suit basically made it impossible for him to bend in the mid section. When I told him to sit down so I could get his boots on, he attempted to bend to sit back and immediately fell straight flat onto his back on the floor. Then when he tried to get up he couldn't sit up, so he rolled onto his stomach and tried to get onto his knees, all the while his arms and legs were flailing frantically. Finally he figured out if he moved into a downward dog position, he was able to get up somehow. Imagine how funny it was in the snow! He kept us all entertained.
He loved stomping around the snow. Gwen was all about scooping handfuls and eating as much as she could. And Gabriella was determined to become a human sled and kept diving in the snow hoping to slide downhill.
After about an hour we came inside, disrobed, and enjoyed the required popcorn and hot cocoa on snowy days. I quickly showered, fed William again, fed the kids lunch, put Henry down for a nap, redressed the girls to go back outside, fed William again, ran up and down the stairs getting scarves and carrots and buttons for snowmen and women, disrobed the girls again, got Henry up from his nap, fed the kids a snack, fed William again, got the three kids back in their snow clothes, sent them back outside, made dinner, disrobed the kids to come back inside, ate dinner, fed William, got the kids dressed one more time for some moonlight snow fun, disrobed them one last time, gave them more hot cocoa, got them into their jammies, fed William again, read the scriptures and brushed their teeth, all the while stepping over the growing pile of clean clothes I kept washing but was unable to fold, said good night to the kids, fed William again, and fell asleep on the couch before waking up one last time to feed cute William again.
Imagine my delight when I woke up at 7:17am this morning to the announcement that school would resume today.
Phew.




6 comments:
That looked like one of the best days ever. You are such a good busy Mom. I felt tired just reading how many times you fed William and dressed and redressed those cuties of yours. But, what fun fabulous memories they are going to have.
Wow you are super Mom. We are on our 2nd snow day and tomorrow has already been announced to be the 3rd. Too bad our snow stinks. We got snow the first day only to be covered with freezing rain. It is so slick and dangerous - being the mean Mom I am, i won't let the kids out in it. I don't need any concussions at our house. Things are crazy enough.
It gives me the chills just reading about it! I am not one to complain about our sandals and t-shirt weather, but that snow does look appealing! I could see the boys joining right in with your cutie and having the time of their lives! What fun!!
oh, i miss the snow. don't get me wrong, the florida sunshine is awesome, but i do miss that winter snow. looks like fun...
oh and ps. i noticed we have the same christmas stockings... although i'm not surprised:)
oh and pss. those baby cakes photos are to die for! so stinkin' cute! it makes me want another baby. okay, i didn't just say that!
Wow... four times out in the snow in one day! Good thing it was only one day.
Phew is right, especially with a newborn! Sounds like a blast though!
Post a Comment