My parents came for the blessing so my dad was able to be a part of it. That's 14 out of 14 grandchildren my parents have been present for the blessing of. We've blessed each of our children in a different state, so the fact that they've somehow managed to make it to each of our children's blessings mean so much to Joe and I. The weather was wild earlier this week, so we wondered if they would be here, but the clouds parted (literally) and they made it safe and sound for a quick weekend trip. I was, however, given specific instruction not to have anymore winter babies...I said I couldn't promise that.
Joe gave William a beautiful blessing. It's wonderful to hear my husband, a worthy priesthood holder, bless our children. Among other things, he blessed that William would have the desire to live the gospel and share it with others. My mind flashed to 19 years down the road and William leaving to serve a mission. I already feel so proud to be his mother, that I can only imagine the pride I will feel when Joe and I send him, another worthy priesthood holder, on a mission.
Like yesterday, I know it will be a very blessed day.

6 comments:
I wish we all could have been there! I thought a lot about you yesterday and hope you felt all our love coming your way! We can't wait to see you all soon! Hugs and kisses to everyone!
What a special Sunday this last week was. Carly blessed Ginny too. (well, Jeremy did.) It was such a wonderful weekend to be surrounded by family and see Ginny being blessed. I will probably be posting about it all week long. I love getting to see my family. I am so glad your parents were able to be there. What amazing parents to be at every grand child's blessing. We were lucky with Carly that every single sibling was there. A special treat that does not often happen. I love special days like these. I am glad yours was so good. And I am glad you got some good grandparent time too. That is just a treat in and of itself. You have a good family. And I loved seeing that picture there with all of your family. All 4 beautiful children and your husband and yourself in it too. Can you believe you are a mother of 4? Sometimes I have to take a step back and am always amazed at the stage of life I am in. I love it. Love you Jamie. I am glad it was such a special day.
I love blessing days! They are so sweet and tender! William is so blessed! What a funny thing that all of your children have been blessed in different states! Can't wait to hold him soon!
You and Joe have such a beautiful family. It's been fun to watch it grow. That's a great picture of your parents too. Glad they were able to share that special memory with you.
Sounds wonderful. William is a lucky fellow! Love his hair.
Post a Comment