
Fog reminds me of my childhood. I remember driving to Seminary often when the fog was so thick you could hardly see in front of you. I remember showing up to softball games before the sun ever came up wondering how we would be able to play, only to have the sun rise and the fog slowly lift off the field. I think of going to the beach on summer days before 10:00am knowing that the fog would drift back over the ocean unveiling a perfect day to spend at Bolsa Chica.
I find comfort in fog. A calm and quiet feeling seems to accompany those peaceful, foggy mornings. I was a little surprised when I woke up this morning and couldn't see my neighbors house. I think of fog only being near water. But instead of a seeing a serene beach, I was looking at tall grass in my backyard. Tall grass with frost and ice on little buds. The sun was coming up and the fog was lifting, and you know what? It was still beautiful. It made me think for the first time that maybe, just maybe, winter will be over and Spring will come. Either way though, I sure did enjoy being able to appreciate the beauty literally found in my backyard this morning.

1 comment:
wow, those ARE some beautiful shots! you caught the light perfectly without getting a ton of flare washing out the color. very nice.
everytime i look at your blog i wish i could send you a box of florida sunshine. we have more than we know what to do with! it was so warm today i thought about bring out the sprinkler for preston...weird, right?
Post a Comment