4.06.2011

Got Milk?

"How much milk is he drinking?" the doctor asked at Henry's appointment a week or so ago.

I know what the answer should be. I wondered if I should answer with the "right" answer, which would be a total lie, or if I should be honest.

I decided I would be ambiguous instead.

"Oh, you know." I said. "He drinks plenty of milk" (for a small country).

"The recommendation is two to three cups a day" The doctor said. "Does he drink more than that?"

"Uh. Well. Yeah, maybe a little." I answered without being able to look the doctor in the eyes. "It's more like eight or nine." (Of the 12 oz sippy cups).

The doctor suggested I try and cut that back. I said, "I will." Knowing full well, I wouldn't.

The boy loves his milk. His Vitamin D whole milk. Lo-oves it.

Joe doesn't seem to think a growing boy can have too much milk. "It's good for brain development (read in deep-know-it-all-sounding voice)". So instead of cutting back the milk consumption, Joe showed up the next morning with a big gallon of Strawberry milk just to make a point. That Joe. He's hilarious.

So in case you're wondering, you can totally survive on milk alone. Henry is living proof.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!!! Milk does the body Good Right!! He is so cute.

Tasha said...

I love it! Just love it

Marci said...

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. LINCOLN'S DRINK OF CHOICE IS MILK. A LOT OF MILK. OUR LITTLE FAMILY OF 3 GOES THROUGH ABOUT 4 GALLONS OF MILK A WEEKS. C.R.A.Z.Y. I KNOW WE SHOULD CUT BACK...BUT....

Bryn said...

Dax loves milk and Wyatt won't touch it! He is totally addicted to Lemonaide (really crystal lite)! I don't really know which one I prefer. With how stinkin' cute Henry is, I'd just keep doing what you're doing!

Blaire Ostler said...

thats awesome! let him drink all the milk he wants! i stuggle everyday to make sure preston drinks at least one cup a day (all he wants is juice or water)...so if henry will drink milk on his own then let the boy have at it!:)