8.24.2011

The Leader of the Pack

Gabriella told me that she wasted her whole summer. She said she didn't even build a roller coaster or anything. I guess she thinks Phineas and Ferb are real. Well, we didn't waste our summer. We had a great one. But as we all know, summers come to an end and the dreaded school year begins. I hate schedules. I like to do things in my own time and to allow my kids not to feel rushed around from the moment their toes hit the floor in the morning.
But, we've started a new school year and schedules are a must. Maybe I'll feel differently when I have more children in school, but right now I wish Gabs could continue to stay home with us. She is such a great first-born. A total leader. She rallies the little ones and imagines a game that they all enjoy. She prides herself in being my special helper. And she is a huge help. She always wants to have fun, no matter what we are doing. She wants to turn everything we do into a "girls only date". I'm sad this girl will be gone 8 hours a day. But it's obvious I'm the only one.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the "sign" idea! I wish I had thought of that years ago. This year we are proud to say we are the parents of a high schooler, a junior high schooler, and two elementary kids. We've got all the schools covered! I love, love, love the junior high and high school years!!!!

The Seaquist Family said...

So cute, but I have to ask...what if Henry was your first born? :) I am so missing my Ava being gone.

Bryn said...

She looks adorable! How did those white capris hold up?! :) I hope she had the best first week of school and enjoys weeks two! I took pictures of Dax with a sign too but we wrote his school and grade on a little chalkboard! Soon you'll have a whole row of little school goers!