

You're finally here...at least for today you were!
You know how sometimes you wake up and you know what kind of day it will be. You know before you even open your eyes if it's going to be a good day or a bad day. Today was one of those days. I heard Gabriella running into my room, I hadn't even opened my eyes, and it was a good day. A good day, because I could tell that it was light in my room. And not just morning light, but sun light! Today was definitely a good day.
We waited until the morning briskness faded and went outside for the rest of the day. We started out in short sleeves and bare feet, but I realized I was a little ambitious and over zealous in my thinking. It is only March, and we are in Washington. Of course it was 55 degrees. Silly me! But what a beautiful, sunny 55 it was!
I read. The girls played on their slide. I ate lunch on a blanket. The girls ate in the little "house" under the slide. I swept the patio. Gabriella played with sidewalk chalk (thanks Nic, we finally made use of her birthday present). And Gwen, well, Gwen tried to make a break for it by running freely every chance she got! Pure freedom on the sidewalk was all she wanted.
So thank you Spring for coming! We had a great day. We hope to see again real soon!
~Note the jeans that are too small...I refuse to buy bigger ones now. And note the sandals Gabs insisted on wearing...last years summer sandals. Notice the toes hanging clear off? Time for new sandals! Woo-hoo!

5 comments:
Today was completely breathtaking. I think we get one more day. YEAH!!! Fun to see you enjoying it so much. Everyone needs some fresh air once in awhile. It never feels often enough in WA.
I love those pictures and how you just let the girls completely enjoy the day. What a good mom. I love the last post of Gabs too. She just looks like an angel staring out the window. I am glad you ahd a nice day. Hopefully you have many more to come. Love you
Yeah, for a good day outside!! I am glad that spring came your way . . . and I too hope it comes again soon for you. Way to be such a good mom and let them play outside the whole day long. It just made me smile reading it!
The weather looks beautiful! I see green grass, shadows from the trees around your home, and I imagine the flowers are beginning to bloom. On the other hand, we are still surrounded 1-2 feet of snow and 30-40 degree daytime temperatures. And now the spring wind has started. Cold... Enjoy your time in the northwest! See you soon...
So fun! I love that you totally took advantage of it. There are fews things better than buckets of chalk and long strips of sidewalk on a warm day. Carry on!
Post a Comment