

Our girls love butter.
It's a major food group in this house.
In fact, it's sometimes considered a meal.
It really is a sickness, this love affair they have with butter.
They swipe their fingers through it like you'd see a child eat frosting from a cake.
They want it on everything.
They ask to help cook and say "Does it need butter?" "Um, no sweetie, maple glazed ribs don't need butter."
You let them spread their own butter on their bread, and next thing you know, the bread is still plain, and the half cube of butter is gone.
They didn't learn it from me. Or Joe.
We think it's disgusting.
We think it's disgusting.
And frankly, we're beginning to worry.

16 comments:
But they are so cute doing it!
Hey, for the next family movie night you could give them a spoon and a bucket of lard. That would be a real treat! I can't barely type that without gagging.
That was supposed to be "can barely". See what the gagging reflex does to you while you're typing?
Jamie, I used to sprinkle sugar on a stick of butter and eat it. Totally gross. I know. I always got in trouble for it, but I loved it. And when they found a long groove running from the top of the stick to the end, I always got sent to my room. :) Yup, it was me. Still love butter. You should see how I load my bread with it. De-lish!
Yuck Jamie, maybe it is a Kreipl thing, but it skipped a generation. Kobi and Kruz are exactly the same way. They both eat their toast and french bread, and ALWAYS lick the butter off first. Is is so gross.
You had so many nice things said for your last post. The unknown??? It is sometimes exciting, but certainly scary. Good thing you have the "constants" wherever you go.
Love you
that's so funny!
when i was about four years old i used to go into the refidgerator when the family was supposed to be taking our sunday (after church) nap, and i would scrape the butter out of the tub and eat it. i loved butter too. i thought i was getting away with it too, but it turns out my parents told me a couple of years ago that they knew about it the whole time and thought it was to cute that they let me keep doing it! i guess the little finger prints and hand marks in the butter i felt must have given me away:)
so i can say with real experience, i'm pretty sure they'll grow out of it:) although sometime when drew is napping...:)
Gross gross gross. Butter grosses me out anyway but on a spoon eeewww!
It is totally gross. I catch Kate doing it every once in a while too. Your girls are daling little butter theives though.
By the way Happy Birthday. I didn't know until the RS newsletter came out. Why so late in the week? Anyone know? Anyway when i get my allowance on Saturady we will have to do something fun!
HA! So cute and you know, butter used to be the love of Noah's life too, but he finally grew out of it. We didn't think it looked very yummy either.
So gross. The girls sure do look cute and happy though. Dylan is a butter fiend too. She wants it on everything. Luckily, it's still too warm here to keep butter out and I keep it high on the door in the fridge so she can't get to it!
Abri saw the picture of the girls licking butter and said, "Mom, I want to go to Gwen's house." Do you think she wants to see the girls or rather be in a home where she too can consume butter so freely? Hmmm....
I just love that it looks like Gabs is eating it with a stake knife. I would let them eat all the butter they want because they can't have fruit snacks at home.
I'm not sure if I'm more concerned about the butter or the huge knives they are chomping that butter off of. Hilarious!
OK, first the knife is really dull. Second, I used it to cut the crust off their bread. Third, the girls never use steak knives...
Except to lick butter off of it, but they're really careful! :)
I hear you on this one, Jamie! Emma loves butter, too! She'll eat anything if it has butter on it. She loves to swipe her finger through it. Yuck!
Isn't butter one of the major food groups- right between dairy and meats I think!
Post a Comment