3.06.2009

Bed Buds


Before bed time, the girls pick out a toy that they want to sleep with. Gabs very carefully picks her toy. She goes weeks sleeping with that "one" toy that means so much to her. Then after a few weeks, she moves on to a new toy that remains her night time toy for quite awhile. She has a system. She always lays her toys nicely and preciously in the same spot each night. On the window seal right by her bed. It's all very organized. In the morning, she politely picks up her toy and comes to wake me up.

Gwen on the other hand is not precise or organized at all. She runs to the drawer and grabs all she can as quickly as possible. She'll appear in her bedroom with her hands overflowing, tightly pressed up against her chest gripping several toys. She runs straight to her crib and carelessly heaves all toys into her crib with no regard as to where they'll land or how they'll spend the night with her. In the morning, they're stuffed under her bumper or have fallen to the floor. She'll be standing in her crib, stepping on her toys, with her blanket in arms and up ready for me to get her out. Never looking back at her banished toys.

Last week after returning her blanket to her crib I couldn't help but take inventory of all I found in there. I had to record it because it makes me laugh now and it will most certainly bring back very fond memories of our spicy two year old. Here's what I found-keep in mind, I do empty her crib of all toys about once a week, leaving only certain stuffed animals that she's slept with since she was a baby.

Pig Pillow
Blanket
Blue baby doll from $1 store
Purple baby doll from $1 store
Husky dog from Alaska
Black Apple Doll
Pink Bunny
Pink Pig
Gorilla Beanie Baby
Polly Pocket
Cinderella Polly Pocket
Collar for Alaskan Husky
4 Little People-Sara Lynn, Baby, Mom, and Robin Hood
Mickey Mouse Figurine
Goofy Figurine
Donald Figurine
Minnie Figurine
Polly Pocket Dress
Plastic Lettuce from their kitchen
Pink Care Bear
4 Felt Cookies
Cat Pet Shop
Belle horse carriage
Cheetah figurine
Princess Coin Purse
Miniature horse figurine
Squirting Dog from bath tub
Dora Book
The Going to Bed Book

And, believe it or not, even with all that excitingness awaiting her in her crib, I still have to allow her to sleep in her "ballerina" that she refuses to take off just to get her to take a nap sometimes. Yup, like I said, that one's spicy!

9 comments:

Robyn said...

I've been a silent reader for, well, a looooong time.

I've almost commented numerous times over the past year, but today for some reason is the day.

My husband is in medicine too and I GET IT.

I love your photographs. I loooove your style. I love the pink paint on the walls (the room in the 'dirty jokes' post). Care to spill on the exact name and make? Pretty please.

Thanks for providing insight, beauty, and fun to my days. Your blog is one of my favorites.

-Robyn

Jennifer said...

Holy cow. Her crib is a miniature Toys R Us. How does she get any sleep. I go to tuck my girls in before I head to bed and they have ever stuffed animal they own stuffed between the slats of their picket fence bed. And alomst always they are sleeping on a pile of very uncomfirtable books, with one on their face. She is a spucky thing. We all love both of your girls so much. FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

nicole said...

That cracks me up that she sleeps with all of that. Isaac is a little hoarder too, but everything gets thrown out before he finally goes to sleep. He won't lay down without seven stuffed animals, four books, his blanket and his pillow, but they last only about 10 minutes before they're all thrown back on the floor. So funny. Dylan is more like Gabriella.

I'm so excited only four more days! Love you!

Eric and Hayley said...

Hey Jamie, so I have a quick question that is probably so basic its silly for me to ask, but I love the accordian fan, cirlce decorations you have on the wall in this picture. I was wondering if you bought them or made them, and if so how?? I think they would be so fun to make, but I'm not too craft to know where to begin. Thanks!

Heather said...

That is hilarious! Last night Matt and Miles were camping and I thought my bed looked a little like that...except with books. I lasted through half a chapter of one. Snore....

Bryn said...

She is adorable! How could you possibly fall asleep with all that going on in your bed?! She really has everything covered to stay in there all day long if she wanted to. Books, purse, cookies (albeit felt) care bears, my baby. Yup, I think you could feel good if that is where she spent her day.

Becca said...

and there was still room for a sweet toddler to sleep!!! I love it! Kids are too funny especially when you see such a contrast in personalities. i bet when they grow up they will still be the same. one super organized and the other never able to throw anything away and surrounded in her treasures!

Tasha said...

That is seriously the best. I love that she "needs" to sleep with so many things and still sleep in her "ballerina" too. She is one cute girl. I love the personality that comes out in each of these kids. And only 2 more days and you will be discovering what your little princes' personality will be. I can't wait.

tiny said...

My favorite toy that was included in the jumble was the piece of lettuce. You never know when you would be craving that! She is a silly girl with personality seeping out her ears!

Can't wait to see pictures of your little prince. :)