3.14.2009

Party of Five

On Wednesday March 11, 2009 at 8:21 pm, our family officially became a party of five. On Thursday March 12, 2009 at 9:21 pm, over 24 hours later, Joe and I finally named the fifth member of our family.
Henry James Chiara
eight pounds. one ounce.
twenty inches long.
perfect in every way.

The name story: We had planned on using Joe's name as a middle name with either Henry or William. We finally agreed on Henry. Henry Joseph just wasn't sounding right to me. I thought of my name-Jamie Lynn. Henry Jamie or Henry Lynn WAS not cute. But when I thought of my first name, I thought of the nickname Bryn has called me for as long as I can remember-James. And Henry James it is. It it fits him perfectly. Our little Hank is perfect.

We are all happily at home enjoying the peace a newborn brings into our lives. A parents love is something I wish I could describe. It's amazing the feelings I already have for this little guy. I love him to pieces.

The girls are smitten. Gabs has already told me we needed to have another baby boy for Gwen to marry because she is going to marry Henry. And Gwen has been precious with him. Sitting right next to whoever is holding him. Repeating phrases like, "Our baby is so cute. Our baby is so little. Our baby is squeaking. Our baby is still sleeping. Your baby is crying."

He's been treated like royalty since he's arrived. Spoiled and loved more than I can imagine anyone loving anyone. This little baby is someone special. We're so blessed he's here with us.

28 comments:

The Rylanders said...

Congratulations on a very handsome little prince! What a cute little family. Newborn babies are the best, kind of makes me baby hungry...kind of...Congrats again and enjoy the spirit that sweet little boy brings into your home!

Unknown said...

Oh! So sweet. He's lovely. Congratulations!!!

Robyn said...

Henry James sounds perfect.

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! He is so precious!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Henry was almost Henry James. My favorite name ever! But since this was most likely our last, I gave in to Adam and gave him his name as a middle. I am a little jealous that you got out of it. And I was also thinking of only naming him James and calling him Jamie. So, more proof that great minds think alike. :)

He's gorgeous. You must be proud.

Stacey B. said...

So happy for you guys! He's just adorable. Congratulations!

Shanen said...

Yahoo, I am so happy to see pictures. I need to see more...more...more. I love him, and he is just gonna grow way too much over the next 2 months until we get to see him. Love you all.

MyR said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm glad all went well.

Jillyboo said...

He is perfect. Congrats on adding your prince into the mix.
And he has a great birthday. I think the most special boys are reserved for March 11 :)

Jennifer said...

I've been checking hoping for news. You all look so happy. I love the story of his middle name. Congratulations Jamie!!!!

nicole said...

So, so cute! Jamie he's just adorable and we need more pictures! I'm sure the girls just love him to pieces. And I hear he's letting you get some rest too. What a good boy already! Send more pictures soon. We love you all!

Sarah said...

YAY! So happy for you! I was a little concerned when I saw you out walking on Tuesday--wasn't that supposed to be THE day? But I didn't want to be just another annoying friend to call, realize there was no baby, then pretend like I was calling for something else. =) Glad he's here and NAMED and all is well.

(And how is it that you look like a supermodel even in the hospital bed? REALLY?!? If you don't believe me, you should see some of my not-so-glamorous glamour shots of those days.)

Unknown said...

Ooooo, I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to meet him! I love his name, too. Especially the story that goes with it. I love a good name story. AND he has the same birthday as me, so that makes him even COOLER! :D Congratulations you guys. Welcome to the family of five world!

Jill said...

Congratulations! I love the name. Enjoy your time at home with the party of five. He looks handsome already!

mom said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you, and I think his name is perfect.

DEANNA said...

AWWW HE IS SIMPLY DELICIOUS! CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR ENTIRELY HUGE FAMILY!!!

IF I COUNT CORRECTLY.. DOESN'T THAT MAKE 13 GRANDKIDS NOW?

HOPE YOU ARE FEELING WELL. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HAVING YOUR MOM THERE AND GET SOME REST!!!

Dana said...

Yay-Henry James shares a birthday with Mallory! My little jinx worked :) We are all so excited that he is here and healthly! You are an awesome mama Jamie. And we love the name Henry James by the way.
Sending you prayers for peaceful sleep! Take care

Becca said...

I love his name! So perfect!So do we call him Henry or Hank?

Best of luck with three! You will only be amazing!

The Seaquist Family said...

Congratulations! Oh I wish I could see him in person. Guess I should pray for you to get stationed at Ft. Bragg? You are one of a few women I know who can look that good after just having a baby. He is an adorable little man. Glad to know we aren't the only ones who have trouble naming a baby. Christian was boy Seaquist for about 3 days in the hosptial.

Bryn said...

Congratulations! He is so so handsome. You're party of five sounds perfect and I love the newest touch! I could stare at his sweet sleeping face all day. I'm glad I had a part in his ittle name. I couldn't possibly love it more. It is so perfect. I'm wishing and hoping I was there holding him. We love you!!

Lisa said...

So glad he is here! Congratulations!!

Fisher Family said...

Jamie, he's wonderful. Such a handsome little guy. So happy for your family of 5!!! :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations! so glad everyone is happy and healthy!

Tasha said...

I am so excited your little prince has arrived. I love the picture of your girls on the hospital bed with you. I am just so so happy for you. It really is true that nothing can compare with bringing a new baby home. There is just something sweet about it. Enjoy this time with him and your girls.

Morph This said...

i am in love. he is to die for. congrats.. and seriously how do you look so good after just giving birth?

Eric and Hayley said...

Oh CONGRATULATIONS on your first little BOY! I think Henry James is a perfect sounding name. He is so precious looking. I can't wait to see more photos of him. P.S. Thank you so much for the instructions on making the fans. You were so speedy about sending them and they are easy to understand! Again, yay! yay! yay! for the newborn.

McCurdy Family said...

Congrats!! You all look great! We're sooo happy for you.

Holly said...

Okay, ever since I read this post I can't but help think of Gwen saying "My baby is squeaking" every time I hear my baby squeak. I love those little newborn noises they make! It melts my heart.