This is what you get for talking on the phone and nursing a baby and leaving two toddlers to eat dinner unsupervised.
Once I saw the mess, I excused myself and laughed as I told my sister why I needed to go...Gabs was finger painting Gwen with ketchup. I went back in the kitchen and acted mad. I took pictures, of course (rarely do I get such opportunities for cute naughtiness), and asked Gabriella what happened. She told me she was trying to get more ketchup but "forgot" to put it on her plate. Likely story. Has anyone else forgotten where ketchup goes and figured, "Hey, I don't know where to put this. I think maybe my lap is a good idea."?
I didn't think so.
But the real kicker was when I asked her why she was putting it all over Gwen. She said, "Because momma. I didn't want it on me."
This time, I didn't excuse myself. I just laughed. What else am I suppose to do?



7 comments:
How naughty-ingly adorable!! (I love to make up words). That is so cute! Those are pictures that would make a photo album if you had one. The kind where the big sister is "feeding" the little sisters, but in your case, where Gabs is finger painting Gwen. Love it!
And I didn't have a chance to comment on your last post. I love that good ol' traditional sprinkler fun! What a cute group!
Love ya!!
That is classic. And who could blame Gabriella for not wanting it on her. It seems logical enough. Those are such great photos and will be fun for them to see when they're older. Well, maybe fun for Gabriella to see, Gwen may not be too pleased.
that's hilarious! love the pics!
Good mommy just laugh I get so mad at the mess and the potential of ruined clothes and it is a nasty experience but I think you are the better mommy here!! Henry is a doll and your girls are so stinking cute! I hope we can all meet someday and play. I am moving to Utah for at least 7 months while Mike is gone so if you get close we need to get together! Miss you!
That Gabs is one smart cookie - putting ketchup on her little sister instead of herself. So sweet.
SOOO funny! I am just laughing as I looked at the pictures and read this. Love it. My favorite is Gabs reason for painting her sister. That is just the best story. I am glad you took the pictures and got a good laugh.
Glad I'm not the only one who nurses her baby in peace and quiet and lets the other kids fend for themselves. I think the messes to clean up are worth the quiet phone conversations!
Post a Comment